Chapter 14

POV: Carlos

After the run, we decide to take a shower but I change my mind while Lando is using the bathroom. Wouldn't it be more fun to go in the swimming pool? I mean, it's here for something after all. I carefully knock on the door, letting the British man know about my plans.

— Lando?

After a few seconds of no answer, and no noise coming from behind the door, I start getting a bit nervous. Well, I did show him how everything worked, but still, he could have slipped or...

Suddenly, the door opens, and a confused but very beautiful Lando appears. He's only wearing a towel, and the upper half of his body is on display, little droplets of water still dripping from his hair. I must look very dumb right now, my mouth wide open, but I can't stop starring at the man in front of me.

— Carlos? I heard you knocking is everything alright?

Well, after seeing you like this, definitely not, but I can't really say that. I choose the safe option and just nod reassuringly.

— Yeah sorry, I just wanted to ask if you would like to go to the pool before we eat lunch?

— Oh yeah why not. I mean I just took a shower but it's true that swimming could be cool. Are you also taking the bathroom before we go or is it alright if I change myself there?

— Change yours- Oh yeah, swimming pants, yeah yeah! I say very confused, feeling the heat radiating from my face. Shit, he's going to be even more naked in just a swim suit, am I going to be able to stay normal so close to him?

I guess we'll find out later, because he then quickly goes to grab his clothes and returns to the bathroom. I am left standing alone, a dumb expression on my face, mix of stress and happiness. This is everything that I wanted after all, spending some quality time with Lando, apart from F1 and without other people. The only thing still lacking was physical proximity, but I knew this wasn't possible. I would get too awkward touching him even as friends, because I know what I feel about him is so much more than that.

I shake my head and go to my room to also get changed, choosing to put some red trunks I find. While searching through the drawer, I find the "gift" I received at the last Secret Santa organised between the drivers, and smile looking at it. Pink, tight, and "chilis" on it, really? I wouldn't wear these if my life depended on it. Well, maybe there's one person that could see me in those, actually...

The idea stays in my head for a while, and I keep it just in the back of my mind. It'll probably never happen but, well, who knows? When I'm done with the red piece of clothing, I go outside and enjoy the nice radiating feeling of the sun on my skin. Maybe I need to tan a little, after all. I put on some sunglasses and go to the nearest deckchair, falling on it, not so gracefully.

After a few minutes, I hear Lando's voice coming from the kitchen, that is located just behind the bay window. I can see him speaking with my parents, and I furrow my brows in wonder. I hope they are not telling him embarrassing things about me. Oh and I hope he understands them, too.

Finally, I see him come over and welcome him with a smile. It's simple, whenever I look at him I smile, I can't help it. It's like magic, man, I don't know. As I detail him a bit more, I have to remind myself not to drool over him, the golden tone of his skin looking incredible. It looks so soft and so... kissable. He's only wearing some navy blue speedos, and I need to shake my head and force myself to look away to stop thinking about him in that way. This is unacceptable for friends, I need to get my shit together or else I might ruin everything.

— Hey I saw you speaking with my parents! What did they say to you? I ask, too curious to stay shut

— Oh not much, actually they were asking about the food, they know I am a bit... picky, you know? He says in a tone half-ashamed half-joking.