Chapter 9

POV: Carlos

I can't believe it. Lando is joining me? He is actually going to Spain with me? And he broke up with his girlfriend? What does it all mean, is there a reason?

I know deep down that my hopes are unfounded and that I shouldn't be this happy about the situation, but just thinking about this week is making me all giddy and excited. We are actually going on vacations together! And in my own country, in addition. I couldn't be in a better situation.

I hurry up and finish my luggage, making sure I'm ready for anything (but like, really anything). Then, I walk to my car, looking at the time on my watch. I am just on time, it's perfect. I pull out the parking lot and start driving, heading directly to Lando's house.

As soon as I enter his street, my eyes are drawn to the beautiful silhouette waiting for me, surprisingly not late for once. His bag on his side, he is looking absolutely handsome, a brand-new pair of sunglasses covering his pretty eyes. Me, in love? Nah, not at all.

— Holaaaa!

— Hey Carlos!

I get up from my seat and open my door to help him with the luggage, placing it carefully in the car's trunk.

— Such a gentleman, eh? He says giggling while I open his door for him, liking the way that sounds

— Well obviously, you are my guest of honour!

We both laugh a lot with each other, and that's one thing I just love when I'm with him. Whenever I'm pulling a prank on him or telling a joke, he will always laugh, whereas I'm more sensitive to criticism and I'm usually less happy with it. But this guy, he makes me feel so incredibly good, I feel like I'm floating when he's around. Everything's so easy.

As we arrive near the airport, a guy from my team takes the car keys and gives us our tickets in exchange, as we are just in time for the security check and boarding.

— I'm always so nervous walking though that thing man, he suddenly tells me, as he signals the electronic detector gate.

— Yeah me too, it's like you feel like a criminal when you are not. So strange, and when it chooses you randomly! And the bags too, I always feel like an awful person when I forget to take something out and they search for the bag...

— Ah so I'm not alone then! Oh my god Carlos, I always thought I was the only crazy anxious person but apparently it's not that uncommon. Thanks mate.

As we chat about it, our turn to place our bags on the treadmill finally comes and he starts, carefully placing any electronic on a separate tray. I soon imitate him, and we both cross the gate without any beeping or red light, to our satisfaction and relief.

But as my bag takes a bit of time emerging from the x-ray machine, I realise I made a mistake while packing. A huge, vibrating and pink mistake. A mistake in dick shape.

Panic starts filling me, I don't want anyone to find out, at least not that way, and especially not in public! But the inevitable happens and the person behind the monitor informs me they have to search my bag, as a "foreign metallic object" is still in it. Please God kill me, don't make me suffer this painful experience, not with Lando curiously looking back to see what's taking me so long.

— You got a problem Carlos?

I can feel the heat already accumulating in my cheeks, and I try fighting to keep my dignity as intact as it can be.

— Erm... No, go ahead, just some thing I probably forgot to take out! It will be quick don't worry!

But obviously, as Lando's curiosity is as big as his... kindness, he stays there, looking expectantly at the security person.