Chapter 18

POV: Charles

As I wake up lazily in my bed, I remember last night events and notice the cold spot next to me. I instantly frown, worried that Max left. But I hear a few sounds in the background, and try to convince myself that he's still here. I decide to get up and throw on some clothes quickly, before heading towards the room where the noises come from, the kitchen.

Looking at the time on my watch, I get surprised to see I slept for so long. It's already 11am! But apparently Max is still there, waiting for me, because he suddenly calls me, trying to get my attention.

— Good morning Charles! Did the sleeping beauty finally decided to wake up? He adds with a smile, teasing me.

— Ah! Good morning too Maxie! And if I am the beauty, then you must be the beast, certainly? I hop on his joke, a smug grin on my lips.

— It's not even the same story you dumbass! We definitely need to watch those again! He says with a falsely shocked expression, and we both laugh.

— Ok, ok, but anyway, did you sleep well? I ask with a more serious tone, worried about him.

— Yeah, all good! I guess I can thank you for that ahah!

— Ah yeah? And how you gonna do that, hum? I try to ask playfully, coming closer.

He opens his mouth silently, not saying a word but a new light appearing in his eyes. Suddenly, he catches me off guard and places his lips on mind, lightly tugging and sucking. It's gentle but also tentative, as if he was testing some kind of things, trying them out. I won't complain though, it feels so good that a quiet moan escapes me.

He grins against my lips, and stops altogether, leaving me out of breath and craving for more.

— Consider yourself really lucky already cause I never kiss anyone before they brushed their teeth Mister Leclerc, he says and I suddenly turn red, noticing that maybe I was a bit selfish there. Oops.

— Okay, okay, I get it. By the way, where's Arthur?

— Oh he had to leave, told me to inform you. He was apparently seeing a secret "someone", Max adds, winking at me, apparently loving to gossip.

— Oh okay... I guess we can still see each other another time this week then! And you, what are your plans for the day, I say hopeful that he's gonna stay with me

— Hum... I've got a meeting in the early afternoon unfortunately, but I could still stay for this morning, so that's why I decided to let you sleep and prepare something for us to eat!

— Wait, how long before me did you wake up?

— Maybe like... One hour and a half, something like that? But don't worry, I chatted a bit with Arthur and watched tv for a while... And now I was planning on making lasagna for lunch? Would you like that, maybe do it together?

— Oh sorry for leaving you hanging like that for so long... But I did sleep very well ahah! And yeah it sounds like a great plan! What time do you have to leave though?

— Around 2pm I guess, the meeting's at 2h30.

— Okay then perfect. I'm just gonna freshen up a little and then I'll help you with the food!

And I disappear straight to the bathroom, taking better care of my hygiene. I wouldn't want to scare Max off, would I? After that, I decide to go back to his bedroom, picking up my phone and checking quickly the notifications. Nothing really alarms me, but I see a message from Pierre inviting me to play padel with him this afternoon. Maybe I'll accept, I don't have much to do anyways.