Chapter 15

POV: Charles

It's already quite late and the emotions of the day drained me, so I decide to put an end to our little video game party and send everyone to sleep. Arthur often comes to my apartment when I'm here, so he has a few things for him always there like a toothbrush or some pyjamas, but it's not the case for Max. I search a little and find a new toothbrush in a drawer, as well as some comfy clothes that I could lend him.

— Hey Max, I figured you'd maybe need some stuff considering that you're staying the night, and I found these so you can take them if you want!

— Oh thanks Charles, I... , he is interrupted by his own yawn, sorry, I wanted to really thank you for... letting me stay the night, you know.

Feeling a sudden warmth in my chest, I can't stop the smile creeping on my face, and only nod in reassurance. I'm not the one doing the favour, he is, really. I don't say anything, already blushing way too much.

— Well guys, good night! And please let me sleep okay? Arthur's voice startles me, coming from the corridor as he appears.

— What? Oh... it's Max's turn to blush, realising what my stupid brother meant.

— Oui oui, allez tais-toi et va dormir maintenant! (Alright, alright, shut up and go to sleep now!), I answer and he just grins even more seeing me so flustered.

Once he's gone, the door to his room completely shut, I turn all of my attention to the Dutch man again. He's still holding the stuff I gave him, and I realise that he's also probably waiting to go to sleep, so I decide to leave him in peace and simply say goodnight, but he is faster and starts talking before me.

— Hum... I wanted to talk about some things before going to sleep, but first could you tell me where is the room? Cause I don't know, there are so much doors here!

— Yeah sorry, follow me, I indicate him the right bedroom, and the location of other rooms he could need.

— So, is it okay if I just change and brush my teeth and after we talk? I just wanted to say a few things, don't worry, he adds seeing my panicked face.

— Oh yeah, okay, hum I'll leave you some privacy then!

As I start turning and going to the door, I feel his hand tenderly grabbing my wrist, and I hear him whispering. I can't quite catch the words though, and turn around to face him again, curiosity now replacing the previous fear I am was feeling.

— You can stay, I don't mind, it's nothing you haven't seen before anyways, right? He lets out an embarrassed chuckle, and refuses to look me in the eyes.

I find the situation both adorable and quite exciting, but that might just be the hormones. I try staying calm though, wondering if he really wants me to stay, or if he said that out of the blue because somehow, he feels stressed or something.

— Are you sure Max? If it makes you uncomfortable you don't have to, you know. I don't mind stepping outside if you prefer, I won't get sad or angry at you. I try to use a gentle tone, making sure he understands the words exactly how I mean them.

— No, really, we can chat while I change it's no big deal Charles, his voice sounds much more assured now, and I feel that his confidence is back.

— Alright, that's ok too! He starts taking his shirt off, and I turn my head to the side, still feeling like I shouldn't be there.

— Am I that disgusting, Leclerc? He uses a playful tone, and I smirk, remembering where this kind of conversation led us before. I can't help but notice the use of my last name though, and have a quick thought about Arthur. Would Max act the same with my brother, if I wasn't there?