Chapter 18 - I Won't Say It Unless You Do

Megan's POV

We just got back to the hotel from the cemetery. I handed the valet the car keys and I opened Beyoncé's door. She linked her arm in mind and we made our way up the steps to the lobby.

I held my tears back on the road but for some reason, I couldn't contain it anymore. I started to sniffle and Beyoncé stopped in her tracks. She held my face in her hands and gave me a peck on the lips.

She wrapped her arms around me and I laid on her shoulder, crying my eyes out. I started to hyperventilate as she held me closer.

"Thank you for being there for me, Bey." I said in between my crying.

"I'm always gonna be here for you, baby." She continued to rub may back and reassured me that it's okay to cry.

I was continuing my crying session when I heard a shutter go off to my right. Sure enough, I spotted the paparazzi hiding in the bushes. I was about to go down and start screaming when Beyoncé pulled my arm.

"Let it go, baby. Let's go back up." She said and I nodded.

We got up to the door of our penthouse suite and I wiped my eyes. I heard Blue screaming at Sir and Rumi, causing me to chuckle.

Beyoncé pulled me in for a hug before I could open the door. "Thank you for allowing me to be there for you, baby. What ever you need, I got you, okay?" She said and I nodded my head. I pulled away from our hug and I held her hands.

"You being there means so much to me. I should be the one thanking you for real. Nobody's ever taken the time to be there for me the way you have. I l-really really am grateful." I said, hoping she didn't notice me slipping up. I don't want to scare her away by telling her since she may think it's too soon. I know I love Beyoncé which is why I was shocked Blue clocked us in the plane earlier.

"Owwwww, Rumi you're gonna pay for that!" Blue yelled and Rumi screamed.

"That's our cue. We gotta go in" I said.

———
Beyoncé POV

Megan and opened the door and our jaws dropped at the chaos in front of us. Throw pillows and sofa cushions were everywhere and the none of the chairs were in their proper place.

Sir ran behind Megan's leg and hid behind her. "Blue, Rumi and Sir get in front of me now!"

All three children did as they were told. "Blue, speak." I said in a firm tone.

"Sir and Rumi wanted me to play blocks with them but I didn't wanna so they got the book I was reading and ran away. I was just trying to get it back and Rumi and Sir kept throwing pillows at me" Blue said pointing at her siblings.

"All we wanted to do was spend time with Blue but she doesn't wanna spend time with us ever." Rumi said with tears in her eyes. My poor babygirl.

"Yeah, Blue's always too busy and never wants to be with me and Ru Ru." Sir chimed in and I can tell he's close to crying too.

I walked over to Rumi and Sir. I crouched so I was eye level with the two of them. "I understand you wanna spend time with your sister but you have to be able to say things in a nice way and not get upset when people say no. You can tell Blue you're upset but you can't be disrupting her peace and being mean to her." I said.

I felt Megan's hand on my shoulder and I looked up at her. She had a look on her face which says she wanted to say something but she was asking for permission if she can continue. She's been very cautious about overstepping boundaries when it comes to parenting. I nodded, giving her my go signal to continue. I didn't mind as she teaches the kids so much and she has been a great parental figure to them. She crouched right beside me and held my hand.