Chapter 19 - Those Three Words

Back with another update🫶🏽
———

1 Month Later
Beyoncé POV

Today was the first day of Megan's tour. I, of course, had to be there and I asked my mom to watch the kids. My mom's been asking about me being with Megan so much and I told her everything — well almost everything. She doesn't need to know about Megan and I having sex once.

———
Flashback
"Of course I'll watch my grandbabies. You're gonna be with Megan again?" My mom asked.

"Yep. She's been so great, mama. She's been there for me and the kids. I wanna be there for her" I said trying not to gush too much.

"I know she has. Blue won't shut up about how much she loves yall together" my mom said side eyeing me. Dang it, Blue.

"Yeah... Megan and I have been seeing each other exclusively and she's not my girlfriend just yet but mama.. she's the best. She's been the best at reassuring me and she just makes me so happy. You should see the way Sir lights up when he sees her. Rumi's smitten too. I feel so safe when I'm with her, ma." I said.

"She sounds like a wonderful lady, Bey. Who woulda thought you'd swing that way" Mama Tina said with a chuckle. 

"It took me by surprise too but for the first time in a long time, I'm happy. I think I love her, ma. No, not think. I know I do." I looked at my mama with a smile on my face. My mama pulled me into a hug.

"You have the purest heart and I'm happy you're finally with someone who takes care of you the way you need to be taken care of." She said and I hugged her tighter.

———

It's been a month since Megan almost slipped up and told me she loved me and she's been slipping up here and there but she won't just say it. It's driving me crazy and she needs to hurry up or else I'm about to say it. Things have been really great for us and no, she still doesn't want to have sex again as we're continuing to 'take it slow' whatever that means to her. I know she loves me so I don't know what the hold up is.

Megan and the kids' bond continued to deepen and she practically lives with us already. Hell, even 4oe had a little corner of the house where he would stay when Megan brought him over. She can't be away from that dog for too long and I didn't mind. He's a sweetheart.

Shawn has been nothing but a headache. He likes to go on rants about how he wants us back and he misses his kids when he doesn't even exert any effort to seeing them. I told him he could schedule visits but he hasn't been as interested in their lives. Blue tried to act like it didn't bother her but I know it. Megan has been the one she talks to about those things and I'm grateful Megan has been there for her.

I made my way to Megan's dressing room and she was getting her makeup done. She wore her platinum blonde hair and I had to stop myself from staring at her. Megan noticed me by the door and she perked up.

"Come here, baby," Megan said. Her makeup artist put the finishing touches on her lip gloss. Damn, I won't be able to kiss her now. Megan stood up and pulled me in for a hug. If home were a person, it would be her.

"I'm so nervous, Bey. I'm also super excited I can't wait to see all my hotties out shaking ass" Megan said. We looked into each other's eyes.

"You'll do amazing, baby. Wait someone wants to wish you good luck" I said as I pulled out my phone and played the video my kids recorded.

"Good luck on your tour, mama! I love you and when school's over I can't wait to be with you allllll the time" Rumi blew her a kiss through the phone. Since Sir started calling Megan mama, Rumi quickly followed.