Chapter 9 - Kiss the Girl

11 AMMegan POV

11 AM
Megan POV

We were in the car en route to Tokyo DisneySea. None of us have ever been and we were all super excited. Beyoncé worked her Beyoncé magic and had her team close King Triton's castle for us for the first half of the day which was perfect since my stomach started to grumble. There was a restaurant there and the first thing we planned to do was eat.

Sir sat on my lap as we stared out the window. "Will there be a lot of people again?" He asked nervously. I can feel him tense up.

"Yeah, bubba. But you know what, we're still gonna have a lot of fun. It's okay to get scared. I get scared with all the lights and people sometimes too. It gets very overwhelming. We can be brave together, how does that sound?" I told him as I hugged him from behind. I could see Beyoncé smiling from the corner of my eye. Rumi was on Beyoncé's lap, listening intently and Blue was on her phone scrolling away.

"You get scared too, Auntie?" Rumi asked.

"All the time, Ru ru! I'm sure your mama gets scared too but we gotta put on our brave faces. You wanna know what helps me?"

"What?" Sir and Rumi said at the same time.

"I remind myself I'm strong. Being strong and brave doesn't mean not being afraid. Being strong and brave means you feel scared and do it anyway." I said and kissed the top of Sir's head as he nodded.

"You know I'll be here for you guys. Always." I continued. That seemed to calm him down as his body became more relaxed.

Sir and Rumi fell asleep shortly after. I looked up and saw Beyoncé smiling at me. She mouthed thank you as I smiled back at her.

I carried Sir in my arms as he got nervous when the camera flashes started going off.

I rubbed his back trying to soothe him. "I got you, bubba. You're safe with me."

"I hate feeling scared" he muttered under his breath.

"You're doing so well, bubba. You got this. Repeat after me, okay?"  I told him and he nodded.

"I am a strong and brave boy." I said and he softly repeated it back to me.

"Auntie Megan loves me sooooo much, more than Naruto loves ramen" I said

That made him laugh and he looked at me. "You're so silly, Auntie" he placed two hands on my cheeks and I stopped walking.

"Sir Carter, I didn't hear you repeat it!" I pretended to get mad at him.

"Auntie Megan loves me so much, more than Naruto loves ramen" he said and laughed again.