Chapter 1 - Broken

Megan groaned and picked up her phone from her nightstand, her ringtone filling her ears and giving her a mild headache.  It was 2:19 AM and she was looking forward to sleeping in since it was her day off in Lord knows how long. She's very grateful for the career she's had, especially after HISS' success but she was in need of some rest and relaxation.

She was ready to curse out whoever was trying to call her until she saw the caller ID. She answered the phone and sat up on her bed.

"Hey bey, you good?" Megan asked rubbing her tired eyes.

"Hey ummm. I know that it's late but would you mind picking me up?" Beyoncé said in between sniffles. Megan stood up and went to her closet to put on a jacket.

"Are you safe? Where do you want me to pick you up?" Megan asked. She hurriedly walked to her car and waited for Beyoncé to reply. Beyoncé and Megan were friends - they'd occasionally text and see each other during work events but she wouldn't say they were close. Regardless, this was someone who she looked up to and cared about. Megan knew she had to be there for her.

"I'm at my house. You remember how to get here? Thank god my kids are at my sister's right now." Beyoncé said.

Megan put in Beyoncé's address on her GPS. "I'll be there in around 15 minutes. I'm hanging up and I'll see you in a bit, okay Bey?"

"No! Can I please st-stay on the phone with you til you g-get me?" Beyoncé was stuttering and sniffling. Megan knew she was crying and wanted nothing more than to pull her into a hug and tell her things are going to be okay.

"Okay. I'm here if you wanna talk. I'm not going anywhere" Megan reassuared her. Beyoncé didn't say anything after that. For the rest of the car ride, Megan heard her crying on the phone. Megan tried her best to comfort her, telling her she'll be there soon and that she's there for her if she wanted to talk. Beyoncé continued to cry and Megan can hear her pain. It absolutely broke her heart.

Megan finally pulled up to her driveway and said, "Hey bey I'm here. Do you want me to come in or..." Beyoncé hung up the phone and Megan saw Beyoncé run outside her house in her black pyjamas. Beyoncé knocked on the door of Megan's Tesla. Megan opened it and Beyoncé sat on the passenger seat.

Megan grabbed her hand and looked at Beyoncé. Her eyes were red from crying and her face was puffy. Snot was falling from her nose and her hair was disheveled. Despite it all, Megan couldn't help but think how beautiful Beyoncé was.

//

Megan POV

This was all too fucking crazy. International superstar Beyoncé was in my motherfuckin car crying her eyes out and I felt helpless. I have this urge to protect her. I instinctively grabbed her hand. I was waiting for her to pull away but she didn't.

"Can we go please?" Beyoncé said, her bottom lip trembling.

"I'm taking you to my place, you can stay in the guest bedroom." I said and she nodded. I tried to pull my hand away but she didn't want to let go. I saw her looking out the window, tears falling from her eyes.

The rest of the car ride remained silent. I didn't want to pry and push Beyoncé to tell me why all this was happening I pulled up to my house and opened the doors of my car.

"He's still cheating" Beyoncé said quietly.

"Oh bey... let's get inside and we can talk more okay?" She nodded her head as we both got out the car. I opened the door to my house and motioned for broke to come in. I definitely needed time to think on how to handle this. I'm still technically signed to Jay's label but right now, that didn't matter. I needed to be here for Beyoncé.

She got in and went straight for my couch. She sat on it and started crying again. I sat beside her and pulled her close to me. I wrapped my hands around her waist as she cried even harder.

"I'm so stupid for thinking he can change, Meg. Everyone fucking told me I should know better. I can't hear another lecture or how I need to make better decisions" she said.

Megan sighed. "Is that why you're not with your mom or Kelly? They just looking out you, boo though you know you'll get zero judgment me okay? Let me be here for you"

"I know - and that's partially why. Jay will probably go looking for me and he won't expect me to be here with you. Thank you by the way... for allowing me to stay here and picking me up so late. I owe you" Beyoncé said with a small, looking at my face.

I wiped a tear from her face and caressed her cheek. God, this woman is beautiful. "I meant it when I said I got you. Jay's my boss but what he did to you is fucked up. Cheating on anyone is horrible but to cheat on someone like you... you're fucking gorgeous and he definitely fucked up. He's gonna regret hurting you when you're perfect"

Beyoncé blushed and looked down and sighed. "I would've never thought I'd be divorced at 42. You think people still gonna want me, Megan?"

I let out a chuckle. Is she serious? "Beyoncé, you are beyond gorgeous. You can have your pick of any fucking man on this earth and I guarntee you they'll say yes. Hell, any woman too" I murmured that last part, hoping she didn't catch it. Now's not the time to be flirting with her. She pulled me in for a hug and I inhaled her scent. Jay definitely won't like that Beyoncé's here. I know I should care more but honestly fuck him. Shit's about to get so messy.

Thoughts??? I had this in my drafts for so long.

The rating for this will def go up to mature because I'm a whore lmfaooo 🤷🏽‍♀️

How do y'all think Jay will react?

Leave votes and comments.

(And check out my other megyonce fic 🫶🏽)