Chapter 14 - It's Getting More Complicated

Another update because I love yall and this story sm

Beyoncé POV

After our date, Megan drove me home and kissed me before she walked me to the door. It was very highschool-like and I found it cute. I asked her if she wanted to come inside for a bit and she nodded her head.

"Go out with me again?" Megan asked with a big grin on her face. She spun me around and placed her hands on my waist.

It was the most perfect date I've ever had and the way she remembered so many details about me had me swooning. I didn't even have to tell her to take note of these things, she did it on her own. Painting by numbers was so much fun and I can see it becoming our thing. The violinist played a lot of my favorite songs and I looked at Megan each time she did, in awe of how well she knew me.

I gave her a kiss on her lips. "I'm free on Friday. My real estate agent has a couple places for me to check out before then."

"Perfect. Let's have dinner? Can I swing by to see the babies before our date?  I know I FaceTime them a lot but it's not the same. Sir and Ru Ru said they have something for me. You have any idea what it is, babe?" Megan said.

"Why don't we pick them up from school? I actually do know but they swore me to secrecy and I don't break promise like that" I laughed.

"No fucking fair" Megan whined.

We heard a gasp by the staircase and we looked to see who it was. Rumi looked at us sheepishly.

"Rumi Carter it's way past your bed time!" I scolded her.

"Hi, Ru Ru!" Megan said as she stretched her arms, asking Rumi for a hug.

"Auntie Megaaaaaan." She screamed as she made her way down the steps. I had to remind her to be very careful. This girl falls so dang much.

Megan carried her in her arms and kissed her cheek. Rumi poked Megan's cheek and squinted.

"Are you really my Auntie?" Rumi asked.

"Yes, why?" Megan replied. She looked at me for answers and I shrugged.

"Nothing I just haven't seen you in awhile I forgot how you look" Rumi said folding her arms.

I busted out laughing at her antics. This exactly what my mom and dad say to guilt trip us when we don't see them as much.

"Ru Ru, you know I see you on FaceTime like everyday. Remember yesterday we sang Moana together?" Megan says with a smile.

"I know. I miss you is all, Auntie" Rumi said softly. I placed my hand over my chest and pouted.

"I know, Ru. I miss yall so much but guess what? I'm picking you up after school with your mommy on Friday!" Megan said excitedly.

"But it's only Wednesday" Rumi whined.

"I know, baby girl but on Friday we can go to the donut shop you like and we can play dress up a bit when we're back."Megan tried to reason with her.

Rumi nodded her head excitedly. Oh she loves Megan a lot. She places her head on Megan's shoulder.

"Tuck me in please, Auntie" Rumi said and yawned. 

———
The Next Day
Beyoncé POV

Megan didn't end up spending the night because she had an early shoot the next day. I smiled as I remembered more details about our date. The way she showed she cared for me and how much she adored me made me feel so special. Maybe I am deserving of a partner who will treat me right.