Chapter 28: Medicine

Start from the beginning

Anita shook her head, doodling in her notes, not wanting to be involved with the twos conversation.  She just tuned them out.  It was pretty easy to do at this point whenever they started talking.

"How are we gonna separate them again?" Stiles whispered to Scott.

Anita heard movement and when she did she looked up seeing both Stiles and Scott completely turned around, looking at Lydia.

"What now?" Lydia asked.

"Good luck is all I have to say". Anita shook her head, doodling once more in her notebook.

~~~

"Nooooooo". Stiles reached out, grabbing Anita's forearm to stop her from walking away.

"Come on!" She stomped her foot. "You don't need me. You have Scott". She gestured to the boy.

"Ethan!" Scott called, walking up the stairs to stop him. Anita and Stiles following behind. Anita whacked Stiles hand to let go of her as she just glared at Ethan.

"Why are you even talking to me?" Ethan asked. "I helped kill your friend. How do you know I'm not gonna kill another one?" He asked, his eyes going to Stiles.

"And ruined my house. You owe me money by the way". Anita interjected, but no one seemed to care about her house.

"Is he looking at me? Are you threatening me?" Stiles asked. "You know what I'm gonna do? Im going to break off an extra large branch of mountain ash, wrap it in wolfsbane, roll it in mistletoe and shove it up your freaking-" Stiles got closer to Ethan, making gestures.

"Shut up!"

"Whoa, Stiles, okay. We get it".

Anita and Scott said at the same time.

"We're talking to you". Scott looked to Ethan. "Because I know that you didn't want to kill Boyd. Like..." Scott's eyes moved to Anita. "Like you didn't want to hurt Anita. And I think if something like that happened now, you wouldn't do it again".

Ethan's eyes flashed to the bandage on Anita's neck for a moment and then back to Scott. "You don't know what we owe them. Especially Deucalion. We weren't like Kali and Ennis when we met him. We weren't alphas". Ethan explained.

"What were you?" Stiles asked.

"Omegas". Ethan answered. "In actual wolf packs, omegas are the scapegoat. The last to eat, the one who has to take the abuse from the rest of the pack".

"So you and your brother were, like, the bitches of the pack?"

Anita let out a sigh, closing her eyes and shaking her head at Stiles comment. She hated him. She really did.

"Something like that". Ethan looked at him.

"What happened?" Scott asked.

"They were killers". Ethan let out a deep breath. "I mean, people talk about us as monsters. Well, they were the ones who gave us the reputation and our alpha was the worst of them".

"Why didn't you guys just fight back? Form voltron wolf, you know? Kick everyone's asses?" Stiles questioned.

"We couldn't, we didn't know how to control it back then". Ethan gave Stiles a look.