LXIX. News UPDATES (MAR ~ MAY)

From the world's first Dragon Ball theme park to the upcoming latest episode of "The Amazing Digital Circus," we're in for a lot of surprises, everyone!

• The World's First Dragon Ball Theme Park

The world's first theme park dedicated to the Dragon Ball universe of comics, movies, and games will be built in Saudi Arabia, allowing visitors to live out the adventures of Goku and his friends.
According to the Qiddiya Investment Company, the park will span 500,000 square meters and feature seven themed lands based on different Dragon Balls. There will be more than 30 themed rides across the lands, plus five major attractions, hotels and restaurants.
So far, there hasn't been an official opening date but the company promised that construction is starting soon. This is in honor of the Dragon Ball creator Akira Toriyama, who unfortunately passed away at the age 68 due to acute subdural hematoma (which is a blood clot in the brain). You know just how much of a cultural impact this man has left when even international leaders such as the Foreign Minister of China and French President Emmanuel Macron have acknowledged him. It's even shown in protests in other countries like Chile.

• "Avatar: The Last Airbender" On Webtoon?!!

Dark Horse Comics has just dropped their ATLA comics on Webtoon today on March 23rd. The story follows right after the finale of the show. Prince Zuko has become the new Fire Lord, Katara and Aang are now a couple, and Toph runs her own school. So far, there's only been three chapters available as I'm writing this.

• Dragon Ball Super Manga Goes On Indefinite Hiatus!

Another Dragon Ball NEWS! The May issue of Shueisha's V Jump magazine announced on Thursday that the manga will be going on hiatus starting with the magazine's next issue, which is set to release on April.
    The magazine did not reveal when the manga will resume serialization but there's been talks that his co-writer Toyotarou will be taking over the rest of the series.
    Hiatuses aren't far too uncommon especially when the original author of a highly-acclaimed manga series wants to take a health break (e.g. Eiichiro Oda of One Piece) or had unfortunately passed away (e.g. the late Kentarou Miura of Berserk).
    It's also important to know that the Dragon Ball manga has been running since 1984. It's not just us kids who know about Dragon Ball, but also our parents and grandparents as well.
    The Dragon Ball Super Manga started on V Jump in 2015. You can also read it on the Shonen Jump app or Manga Plus to the huge Dragon Ball fans out there.

INDIE BUFFET

• DOUBLE GLITCH UPDATES: Murder Drones EP 7 + TADC RELEASE DATES

Hmmm ... It looks like 2024 has been cookin' up with some amazing independent projects.
    One of the most ambitious independent animation studios, GLITCH, are really caught up with two major shows right now -- Murder Drones episode 7 will be dropping on March 29th while The Amazing Digital Circus episode 2 is scheduled on May.

• Welcome Home: HOMEWARMING UPDATE

I know, I know ... The website had already updated on March 8th. It looks a lot professional and clean now (due to the fact it's no longer made on Wix).
    Based on what I've seen after searching through multiple theories, Wally and his friends are all in trouble as a mysterious entity is trying to get rid of any evidence pertaining to the show.
    It's gotten a lot unsettling especially with the weird commercials (like why is a preschool show advertising cigarettes and sleeping pills?), cookbook recipes, frequent presence of eyes and the neighborhood's local mailman Eddie being haunted by Godknowswut. Home appears to be the villain right now (or maybe possessed by a cult).
    If this is true, Eddie is at risk of being taken out of the show and either his husband Frank or Barnaby is next.
    No doubt I'd hope for an animated web series of WH (on YouTube, of course!) or a graphic novel of sort so more people can get into it.