"Why are you avoiding eye contact?" He asked. "What could possibly going through that mind of yours?"

"N-n-n-nothing sir" I stuttered looking down at my paperwork.

"Look at me and tell me with out stuttering." he said. I met his gaze slowly again. His cold eyes seemed to soften, and it melted me at the sight.

"Nothing." I said in a slightly higher pitched voice.

"Hm." He said and went back to his desk. "You can go." he said.

"A-are you sure? I can stay if you need me to do something."

"Well... you did come in late..." I looked down. "I'll make sure you get your punishment by the end of the month." he said. I shivered.

"So there isn't anything you need?" I asked. He looked like he had a war going on in his mind.

"No, but thank you, Jaeger." he said. I nodded and started putting my paperwork in the drawer. I walked out of his office and out of the building and walked to the cafe.

"Why weren't you here today?" My boss asked. Mikasa was serving around the tables.

"I can only do night shifts now, I have a full time job at the office building across the street."

"Ah, well, im glad you found something with a higher pay."

"Yeah, I might be here in the morning to get coffee though. I don't know if my boss likes coffee though..." I wondered if he did.

"Who is your boss?" Mikasa asked.

"Mr. Ackerman. He is one of the head people of the building."

"Oh." she said.

"When's your shift over?"

"In a half hour." she said. Armin ran into the cafe out of breath.

"Armin? What are you running from?"

"A few guys from our school saw me..." he said.

"Come on, I'll take you into the back room, so you can relax." Mikasa said. "Eren can you wait those tables while I'm gone?"

"Yeah." I said and put on an apron and she handed me her pad of paper. "Hi my name is Eren, I'll be your server until she gets back, can I get you anything?" I asked each table writing down what they wanted and got it to them quickly. Four guys walked into the cafe.

"Was there a blonde dude about yay tall that came in here?" A guy asked.

"No." my boss answered.

"Let's go guys." he said and walked out. I laughed to myself. I turned to talk with my boss at the counter and another customer walked in. Mikasa walked in and I gave her her note pad and I went into the back to find Armin reading a book.

"Eren you have been requested to serve a table." Mikasa called into the room.

"Okay I'll be there in a few." I said and grabbed my note pad and pencil and walked out.

"What table?" I asked.

"Right there." she pointed. My eyes followed where she pointed and Mr. Ackerman was there. He was looking out the window. I walked over to his table.

"Hi.... Mr. Ackerman..." I said. He turned around. "Can I get you anything...?"

"Coffee."

"Want any creamer?"

"French Vanilla." he said. I nodded and I went behind the counter and started brewing his coffee since my boss was busy. I put creamer in it and walked over to him.

"Is that all?" I asked.

"Yeah, how much?"

"It's free." I said.

"Jaeger, how much." He asked a little louder.

"One cent." I said. He rolled his eyes. "I'm trying to be nice..." He gave me a dollar.

"Nice." I said and went to put the dollar in the cash register. I sat at the counter waiting.

"Jaeger." I looked him.

"Stop looking so lonely and sit over here." he said motioning to the spot across from him. I hesitated and walked to sit across from him. "So do you like working for me?"

"Yeah." I said shyly. I looked around elsewhere.

"You're avoiding eye contact again, Jaeger." he said.

"I-I know."

"Why?"

"Because..."

"Why?"

"Because..."

"I'll have my answer by the end of this week Jaeger."

"But-"

"No buts." he said "I will know why you avoid eye contact with me." He whispered.

"Eren," Mikasa called.

"Yes Mikasa?" I asked frantically for someone to help me.

"Boss wants you to start cleaning up while I finish up the tables." she said and glared at Mr. Ackerman.

"Okay." I said and went to the back to get the cleaning supplies and started cleaning the counter and organized the coffee beans again, and when Mikasa cleared all the tables except for Mr. Ackerman's I started wiping down the tables. As I leaned over to clean further my key necklace came out of my shirt. I looked at the key and started to remember my dad. I sighed and continued cleaning.

"Sir, we are closing." Mikasa said. "I have to ask you to leave."

"Mikasa he is fine,"

"No Eren we are closing." she said.

"No he is fine,"

"I appreciate it Eren, but I'll leave. See you tomorrow." He walked up to me and whispered in my ear. "Don't be late this time." I shivered as his warm breath went down my neck. It made me want to grab him and kiss him. I don't even know this guy that well and he is literally making me want to have sex with him?! I watched the door close behind him and he walked back to the office building. I finished cleaning and went to my room and took a shower and went to bed.