Chapter 36: The Vengeful Spirit

A/N: the picture above is my working concept for comic Y/N. Thoughts? Please read til the very end of this chapter!

Charlie took my hand, pulling me towards the area opposite to the arcade rooms. "Oh-where are we going-?" I stammered, surprised at her sudden eagerness. "To meet the others, silly!" She sung.

I was brought into another room at the other end of the attraction, into a room with a lit up foxy head mounted on the wall, as well as five children's ghosts.

"Everyone, some of you may have already met them but this is Y/N! The current security guard..."  Charlie paused, looking back at me for a moment as the kids just stared at me. "Don't be afraid of them, and don't be angry. They're here to help us...they're here to save us." She finished, swaying back and forth.

All of the ghost children seemed to lack their usual creepy featured, such as the hollow eyes and dripping blood. Their skin even looked almost normal in contrast to the sickly gray shade they typically had. She skipped towards the children, turning towards me while gesturing toward a little boy, who looked to be about 7. He was wearing a light brown long sleeve shirt and black pants. His hair was brunette, his eyes bright blue, and his skin a light shade of brown. I stepped forward a bit. "This is Gabriel." The boy waved shyly, revealing his slight transparency.

The next ghost child wore a purple with white buttons and dark blue jeans with little white shoes.
His hair was black, or dark brown, his eyes being a light brown that almost looked red in the lighting, and his skin was a light tan color. "This is Jeremy."
He seemed to huff in a pouting way, looking at the floor instead of greeting me.

Then a boy with fiery hair and small freckles. His eyes were a light green that was almost yellowish colored, and his skin, was ghostly and naturally pale. His shirt was red with orange stripes and he wore brown shorts and black shoes. He played with his fingers nervously. "This is Fritz." He smiled slightly, waving without making eye contact.

"You've already met Susie." Charlie sighed, walking past the girl in a pink dress, who I now saw had bright blue eyes and fair rosy skin. She stuck her tongue out at me mockingly, but it felt more playful than hateful at the moment. I heard Charlie take a deep breath as we walked over to another little girl who stood away from the rest of the ghost kids.

A little girl with black hair that was put in pigtails looked up at us slowly from where she was crouched on the floor, her irises being such a dark color that they seemed black. She wore a baggy yellow sweater, with black shorts and black shoes, white socks going halfway up to her knees. She frowned. "This...is Cassidy." I could sense te toon growing in the air as the little girl did nothing but stare at me in the eyes with discontentment. "Hi Cassidy." I tried to offer a smile, but the room suddenly felt cold, and I gave a look to Charlie in concern. She shook her head and lead me away from the girl. A chill ran down my spine as no more words were exchanged. I was afraid to ask about the black haired girl, and the air of the room told me to listen to my gut.

I was being lead back to the office, but I couldn't help but notice a horrible smell in one of the hallways we walked through. "Hold on Charlie, do you smell that?" I stopped, looking up towards the vents, where I thought the smell came from. "I'm dead silly, I can't smell anything. What does it smell like?" She giggled, cocking her head to the side.

"It smells like something...rotting.... In the..vents?" I spoke with uncertainty. Charlie shook her head, an odd look crossing her face. " It's probably a dead rat or something." She began to walk again but I stared up at the ceiling. I saw a dark and heavy spot on the vent and knew that there was something wrong. I forced myself to shake off the feeling, after all my shift was almost over.

I caught up with Charlie, ignoring the heavy feeling that formed in my gut.

When we returned to the office I sat down in my chair. I looked at the desk with boredom until something yellow caught my eye. I perked up, seeing a familiar yellow plush on the desk. I remember that I had lost it not long ago, but I didn't put in much effort to look considering I haven't even been out of the hospital for that long. I grabbed the soft yellow rabbit plush, looking into its beady eyes. I set it back on the desk before turning back to the little girl, who was fiddling with something in the scrap animatronic parts box.

Charlie didn't seem like she wanted to leave, so I hesitantly asked the question that weighed on me for the past few minutes. "Charlie?" I started. She looked up at me, waiting for me to continue. I took a deep breath, feeling as if I wasn't supposed to ask.

"Who is Cassidy?"

~~~~~
A/N: Hello Readers! You've now seen the working concept for her physical appearance, but now we need to find a name!

Now I've gathered a pretty big list of names that looked interesting, but feel free to comment any other names!

I had some of my friends circle the ones they liked and here is a list of the chosen names so far:

Aristella- Shy, timid, bashful; Aristocrat

Estella- star

Lunette -Idol; Moon.

Asterlayna - pathway of stars (I don't think this is a real name)

Eileithya- "she who comes to aid" or "relieve"

Evelynne -Life; Desired; Island

Evangeline-good news; like an Angel

Valencia-"strong" or "healthy"

Kaida - little dragon

Blythe- "cheerful", "joyous", "pleasant"

Lucetta-Light, shine, bright

Artemisia- gift from Artemis

Asteria- "star" or "starry one"

Leonora-Compassion; Light

Esther- star

Rumi-"beauty" and "flow,"

Alrighty that's all for the names I've found, they might be kinda mid but I'm open to suggestions, let me know what you think! Thanks for reading :)

Update: votes closed.