Chapter 30: Deception

A/N: 3K READS LETS GOOO! Thanks guys!

~~~

I quickly turned the corner into the office, halting my movements immediately when I saw a slumped figure in the chair.

My breath hitched as I studied the male figure with dark shaggy hair that reached his mid back, a dark purple shirt peaking out from behind their black jacket. Who would wear a jacket in this poorly ventilated place anyways? It gets way to hot in here. That wasn't my concern at the moment though.

The man wasn't moving at all... not even breathing.

I couldn't help but reach out for his shoulder with concern and fear of what I may find...then I realized...

...Michael....? Oh my gosh...

"Michael...?" I asked hesitantly, shakily pulling him by the shoulders away from the desk, my breath hitched.

He's not breathing....his eyes are closed but his mouth is agape slightly...is he....

I covered my mouth with one hand, backing away from the body as tears began to well up in my eyes.

Suddenly Michael's eyes opened, and for a split second no one breathed, just stared into each others eyes, one with horror, the other simply a blank stare. Without any warning, Michael's body stood up and his chest began to take in deep breaths of air...

To say I was shook would be an understatement.

"MICHAEL WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU!?!?" I shouted suddenly, pointing an accusing finger at him as he looked taken aback. "Y/N calm down..." Michael sighed, running a hand through his fabulous hair.

"Calm down...?" I whispered with wide eyes, before laughing slightly, sounding like I've complexly lost it. "Mike, I thought you were DEAD! You scared the fuck out of me, you owe me..." I huffed, averting eyes.

"Fine fine.. I'm sorry I didn't know you were out of the hospital yet... and how about I buy you lunch tomorrow?" Michael scratched the back of his neck, looking up at me while wiggling his eyebrows randomly. "What the fuck... don't do that..." I pinched the bridge of my nose. "Oh and speaking of the hospital... how come you never visited me? Also were those flowers from you?" I questioned.

Michael tilted his head "Flowers? I didn't bring any flowers... and I'm sorry, I was too busy with day and night shifts... Jeremy won't give me a break..." Mike huffed, exasperated from work.

"Ah... it's okay I understand... but... who the heck sent me flowers?" I laughed slightly, thinking of how silly it would be if I had some kind of secret admirer.

Mike shrugged and I checked the time, seeing that it should be time for his shift to end. "And I'll take you up on that lunch offer, but I want it now." I demanded with a grin, causing Mike to groan.

~~~~

Childish giggles filled the halls as a little girl skipped into the entry room.

"So... you did give them to her... right?"

"Yes don't worry, she got them haha!" The dark haired girl laughed at the unbelievable request asked of her.

"Good...and will you quit with that giggling already? There's literally nothing funny about this..." A raspy male voice growled, frustrated with the little dark haired girl. "What're you talking about? This is hilarious! Who would've thought you had anything left for a heart." The girl spoke.

"It's just...an apology gift I guess....."

"Apology gift? Jeez, when is it my turn to get that? And since when do you EVER feel bad about anything ?" The little girl scoffed, a small smirk on her face.