Chapter 32: Sunlight

I saw him passed out on the couch.

I couldn't help but smile slightly when I saw his usually stressed face look peaceful for once...

I gently laid a blanket over him, leaving him alone on the couch to get the sleep I know that he needed.

I would go ahead and get sleep too...it was nice being back at home.

~~~~~

His eyes stared into my soul, not as a killer, not as a monster, not even as a man.

Just as another soul, alike to mine in the sense that we are both lost.

~~~~~(3rd person)

Sun shines through my window pane, through the thin f/c curtains that gently fell in front of the white blinds that held a small amount of dust. Y/N's eyes opened, blinking away the sleep as the sun shown on her e/c irises. She huffed, not appreciating the brightness, she turned over to her other side, allowing her to see the current time.

"12...." She muttered sleepily. "12:00...? 12:00?!" She hissed, sitting up suddenly, before realizing that she didn't have to work. "Oh...daytime...right...it's sunny out...?" Y/N turned towards the window, letting the light hit her skin as it spread warmth over her. It felt like it had been forever since she had seen day, and a part of her wanted to cherish it while she could.

Y/N got up, getting dressed and doing morning routine stuff, before going to check on Mike.

She realized that he had left, which concerned her.

(1st person)

Mike was gone.

"Michael?" I called to an empty room. I shrugged, thinking he just left because he didn't want to overstay his welcome or he had something to do.

That is, until I saw that my apartment door was unlocked, and not fully closed. My eye twitched.

"It's... fine... probably..." I mumbled as I went to close the door.

"It's not like I have much to steal anyway hah.."

A red smudge on the inner part of my apartment door caught my eye. It was sort of high up.

I shook my head. Not gonna ask, I'm not awake enough for this.

~~
I locked my door behind me, grabbing a thin hoodie since it was beginning to cool down.

The sun shown through clouds that scattered the sky, leaving a not too bright appearance, with the occasional break in the clouds allowing golden rays to kiss the earth as I walked down the sidewalk.

I decided to just kind of wander around, have a look around the area. I walked past the park, making my way to an area that had many little shops and business buildings that adorned a small street that was slightly crowded with cars that had parked off the the side spaces provided for parking.

Making my way down town, ( 😂 ) I saw a small coffee shop. Of course, I was gonna go in to it, because I kind of need coffee at the moment. I went in and recognized it as the one me and Mike had gone to before. I hummed at the pleasant familiarity.

I sat down in a small booth by the window, probably the same one I sat at when I was here with Mike.

I ordered a simple yet good beverage along with (your choice of breakfast food), and let some time pass in serenity as I calmly sipped my drink and enjoyed the small meal. I reminisced on the strange words exchanged with Mike in this place.

When I had gotten home the sun was setting, I had gone to a few shops while I was out, though nothing particularly piqued my interest.

Not too long ago, during my free time I had bookmarked a few houses in my laptop that I found and deeply considered. I decided to buy one I thought was the nicest.

(Im skipping the details I'm too lazy...)

I laid down to rest with a timer set for work, unsure about the night ahead of me, but I decided not to think about it.

Short chapter but I've been busy lately

I work at a pizza place now ironically