Chapter 33: Valiant

A/N: Y'all should like this one :) also I couldn't find a proper image for this, it's glitched and I can't remove it 🤣

~~~

Sleep overtook me.

I was taken back to an unfamiliar place, that despite being new to me, I felt like I had some kind of knowledge about it that wouldn't surface.

A dark room, very dark. Screens covered a wall, black and white static covering the view of whatever they were meant to show, while a metal desk was set just below them, facing the wall.

At the desk a black swivel chair held the form of what I assumed was a person.

"Hello?" I called out to the figure like every dumb person in a horror movie does.

The figure didn't respond, but instead tapped and clicked with a keyboard and mouse that was revealed to control the screens. I approached without much hesitation, I wasn't as scared as I probably should've been.

I walked to the side of the figure, who appeared as a man that I had begun to be familiar with in a sense.

William Afton.

"Why hello." He spoke without looking at me, but I assumed he was talking to me. His eyes darted occasionally from screen to screen as he seemed rather focused. The light from the digital displays cast a pale light onto his expressionless face, that I did notice a light purple shade within his skin color. Interesting I suppose.

He wore a loose purple uniform shirt with a black tie and black dress pants, strongly resembling my own work uniform. "William." I spoke his name, which caused him to stop everything and flick his eyes towards me, the motion being almost mechanical seeming in nature.

"I have questions.." I started, not entirely sure of what question I would ask first.

"Okay?" He spun his chair to face me; it seemed that I had his full attention.

"Are you, like...actually real?" I started, realizing I sounded dumb, I tried to reword it. "I mean like, are you connected to the real world or something? How are you in my dreams? Are you actually connected to....the Springtrapped you?" I struggled to word it correctly but he seemed to not mind my dumb way of asking.

The corner of his mouth twitched upwards and he leaned forward, folding his hands together as if he was about to tell me the plan to do a heist or something.

"Why don't you ask me yourself?" He didn't bother hiding the smirk that stretched across his features. His eyes pierced through my soul, unblinkingly he caused a chill to run down my spine.

I didn't realize how long I had stayed quiet just staring at him until he stood up suddenly, leaving hardly any space between us as he loomed over me with his tall height. "I- uh.." I stammered, feeling pressured to respond but my mind had gone blank and wouldn't think. What's with his presence being like this? "What do you mean..? Why can't you just give me an answer?" I took a step back.

"Would you believe anything I said?" He spoke lowly, glitching effects beginning to form around his body. "When I can be anything."

His body glitched violently, shifting into a crudely made yellow-ish suit that resembled an old rabbit costume. Stitches covered it's limbs, and it's eyes glowed a purple as it's large grin was permanent and adorned with long black whiskers.

"Wake up Y/N...."

It's voice was horribly raspy with static accompanying every sound it made. It lurched forward, grabbing my face aggressively as fear rose up in me, I reached up to try and pry it away from me. "Who- are-???" I stuttered as I became dizzy, vision becoming distorted and blurry.

The thing once again shifted into something resembling the familiar corpse rabbit I knew of, it's horrid eyes staring into mine as it's mask lifted.

"̷̧̱͕̭̗̲̻̙̩̼̮̰̦̳͔̳̄̍́̉͜W̷̡̢̢̧̻̹͓̰͇̝̠̦͎̦̙̪͉̰͉̙̽̎̐͝ͅͅA̶͖͇̝̩̪̝̳̬̖̙̻͕̟͍̰̟͇̬̤̫̩̝̲̗̬̞̜͛́͜ͅK̶̡̨͇͈͍̮͓̙̫̞͚͎̙̣̱̫͍͚͖̰̤̜͕͚͖͛̃̑̿̄̾̐̃̄̅̊͑͘͠Ę̵̬̬̞̟̻͈̦̟͚͉̈́͂̌̉́̀̐̔̈́͌̒̾͒̇̾̒́͋̆̽̈́͌̔̚͝ ̸̧̨̧̮̳̣̻̹̬͙̘̬͓̙̤̟͓̰̿̍̆̽͐̋͐̏̽̔́͑̋́͐̃͝U̶͓͙̝̮͇̟͚͐͂͌͂͛͗̊̈́̄̈́P̴̡̛̬͉͖̭̟̪̗̳̞̪̗̠̲̺̝̩͔̾͊̆"̴̢̜̗̥̪͍̣̠͙̤̼̣̭̼̳̣̠̮̤̗̳̀̐͊͛̍͊̊͑͊̉͆͑͌̾͗̐͘͘͘͝͠ͅ

~~~~~

My breathing was heavy, I gasped, shooting up out of my bed, my alarm blaring reminding me of the screams of the phantoms as sweat dripped down my face and neck.

"Holy fuck..." I cursed, running my hands through my hair as I turned to my alarm clock.

"What the hell?! I'm gonna be late!!"

I exclaimed, throwing myself out of bed to get ready as fast as possible.

~~~

I slid into a parking space in the empty parking lot of the familiar Horror Attraction, my car skidding to a stop as I rushed into the location.

I was five minutes late.

It was 12:05 am.

That means...

I closed the door behind me when I entered, not sure if being quiet mattered or not. I ran through the halls to get to the office, already feeling the heat rising and the beeping echoing through the building.

I slipped and fell on my ass as soon as I got in the office, but I scrambled to my feet and quickly rebooted the errors, which, was literally all of them.

Sweat poured from me until the errors were finally fixed, I let out a long and loud sigh, falling into my chair and sliding dramatically out of it onto the floor.

"I saw that shit that was fucking hilarious." A crusty voice laughed in the doorway while clapping their hands. I side eyed the doorway bombastically, seeing Springtrap wiping fake tears away while hunched over.  "Shut the fuck up you bitch!" I angrily shouted, grabbing something off of the desk to throw at him. He suddenly stood up straight and eyed me with a very serious look; I froze.

I tossed the object aside with a nervous smile, "My sincerest apologies Mr. Afton." I changed my tone to the opposite of my previous one.

Springtrap cackled. "What the hell is wrong with you woman." I smiled. "It's shorter to list the things that aren't wrong with me hah. Now get out of my office." I pointed to the hall.

"I'm not actually in your office..?" He pointed to the doorway floor, that he wasn't even standing past.

I huffed. I have to ask him questions anyways...

"Are you just gonna pretend you didn't break my ribs  a month ago?" I raised my eyebrow.

He leaned down slightly, stepping into my office a bit. "I could do it again." He grinned sadistically with his raspy voice becoming partly threatening.

I scrunched up my nose, cringing at the memory.

"Nah, I'm good." I laughed nervously, turning to the cameras.

A/N: hope you enjoyed!