Chapter 1: Coffee

Hours upon hours went by as I read through the newspapers... this fucking sucked.

I took a sip from my coffee, squinting at the clock with tired and sore eyes. 1:35 am. I groaned in annoyance. I've been looking for a job for days, I never thought it would be this difficult. All of the jobs I came across either didn't want to hire me due to one reason or another, or they had horrible pay that just wasn't worth my time. It was early summer and I was fresh out of highschool, you'd think I'd have a job by now right? While I could've gotten a job while in highschool, I simply focused on helping my parents and keeping good grades, and other than small jobs here and there I never saw the need to get a serious job because of my parents having a lot of money they would share with me, but they didn't want me there once I turned 18... they said that it was for my own good when they kicked me out, at least the gave me enough money to rent an apartment and buy some food for awhile, but obviously the money would run out soon.

So here I was, drinking coffee past midnight, looking for jobs everywhere I could, just like I have been doing for the past few days. I hadn't found any jobs that had caught my interest, and even though I considered calling a friend to ask if they knew of any jobs, most of my friends just dropped me after graduation like the assholes they were, not even caring for our "friendship". Unfortunately my few good friends had moved to other states that were too long of a driving distance, so that wasn't really helpful.

I scanned the paper one last time as I got up to clean the coffee mug I had drank out of so many times today, but I swore as I got up I saw another page of the newspaper I hadn't seen before. I paused and grabbed the newspaper once again, flipping open the two pages that were stuck together (likely from coffee I spilled earlier) and that's when I saw something that did catch my eye.

Fazbear Frights Horror Attraction
Now hiring! Night shift Security Guard, no previous experience required! Call 1-800-FAZBEAR or (xxx)-xxx-xxx To Apply Today!

Details:
12AM-6AM Security Guard for 5 days a week
(Mon-Fri)
Free Pizza Guaranteed!
50$ an hour
Paycheck received at end of each week.

FazbearEntertainmentisnotresponsibleforinjury,damagetopropertyorperson,disappearance,deathordismemberment.

I was pleasantly surprised by the pay, but seeing the jumbled up disclaimer made me nervously chuckle, in my tired state I struggled to read it but the words that I could make out disturbed me greatly...

I mean they probably just put that as a precautionary thing or something, right? It would never actually happen...would it?

I decided that I didn't want to dwell on the ominous disclaimer, I simply circled the number with a red pen and went to go to sleep, now that it was about 2 Am. I would call them tomorrow.

As shady as it may be, I needed that pay.