Chapter 8: Delirium

That creepy rabbit thing was going to haunt my dreams.

I got paid 100$ immediately after we loaded the animatronic and other objects into the truck they had brought with us, so I was pretty happy.

I went home and ordered a pizza (A/N: what's with Y/N eating nothing but pizza? 💀) and when the pizza got here I still had about an hour until my shift started, so I kind of just watched tv until it was time to go to work.

~~~

Parking my car, an unseen force had given me a bad feeling in my gut, causing me to hesitate getting out of my car. I had a bad feeling about going into Fazbear's Frights, but I wasn't sure why, so I tried to brush it off. I checked the time.

11:58

I need to go inside.

I entered the building, locking the door behind me as I began to walk towards my office, trying to quiet the sound of my shoes clicking against the tile. Something felt off.

I finally made it to my office after looking over my shoulder in paranoia every step I took, what's wrong with me tonight?

I stepped through the doorway to my office, but was scared the shit out of when the ghostly girl Charlie appeared before me suddenly. "GAH- C-Charlie don't scare me like that!" I whisper-yelled, holding a hand on my chest.

"Sorry..." she looked down sadly,"but I need to tell you something."

"What is it?"

"He-"

*RINGGG*
*RINGGG*

We both looked toward the phone.

"Hey man! Ok, I have some awesome news for you! First of all: We found some vintage audio traning cassettes. Dude, these are like, prehistoric! I think they were like, training tapes, for like other employees or something like that."

I sighed, rolling my eyes at how much this man talked. Charlie looked like she wanted to say something but didn't want to interrupt the phone man.

"So, I thought we could like, have them playing, like over the speakers while people walk through the attraction? Dude, that makes this feel, LEGIT man. But I have an even better suprise for you, and you're not gonna belive this!"

I raised an eyebrow at the phone as Charlie gave me a serious look.

"We found one. A REAL one. Uh, oh uhm, gotta go man! W-well look I-It's in there somewhere, I-I'm sure you'll see it."

"It's him." Charlie whispered to me, looking around the office in worry.

Wait... They're talking about the rabbit thing?? THEY PUT THAT BITCH IN HERE WITH ME??!

Well...duh of course they did...

"Oh hell naw" I said plopping into my chair dramatically with a hand on my head.

"He will hurt you if he finds you."

My eyes widened at Charlie's words, looking at her small form as she fiddled with her fingers nervously, she looked up at me with worry.

"We can't let him do that."

"Okay, I'll leave you with some of this great audio I found. Talk to you later, man!" Click! Phone guy: "Oh, Hello! Hello, hello! Uh, welcome to your new career as a perfomer/entertainer, for Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. Uh, these tapes will provide you, with much needed information on how to handle/climb into/climb out of, mascot costumes. Right now, we have 2 specially designed suits, that double as both animatronic and suit! So please, pay close attention while learning how to operate these suits, as accidents/injury/death/irreparable and grotesque maiming can occur."

"Why the hell would anybody climb into one of those?" I said, cringing. Charlie shrugged, still looking to the side and fiddling with her fingers.

"First we will discuss how to operate the mascots when they are in Animatronic form. For ease of operation the animatronics are set to turn and walk towards sound, giving an easy and hands free approach, to making sure the animatronics stay where the children are, for maximum entertainment/crowd pleasing value."

I drummed my fingers on my chairs armrest impatiently.

"To change the animatronics to Suit mode, insert and turn firmly the hand crank, provided by the manufacturer. Turning the crank will recoil and compress the animatronic parts around the sides of the suit, providing room to climb inside. Please make sure the spring lock is fastened tight, to ensure the animatronic devices remain (fit?). We'll cover this in more detail, in tomorrow's session. Remember to smile, you are the face of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza."

I sighed in relief when the boring call ended, but became alert when Charlie started aggressively tugging my shirt sleeve. She pointed at a camera. Camera 08 I think...

I squinted my eyes to see through the static, but I nearly fell back when I saw the horrific silhouette of a torn up rabbit animatronic with glowing eyes.

"It's him!" Charlie growled.

I was about to question her but when I looked back she was gone without a trace. I checked the clock.

1:00 am

'Could the clock be any slower?' I thought in worry.

I stared hard at the camera, not even sure what to do.

A video error occurred, blocking my view of the animatronic. I quickly went to reboot it. When I turned back to the camera the thing was gone.

By now I had started to sweat, not sure if it was the poor ventilation or the nervousness boiling up inside me that caused it. I flipped through the cameras quickly, nearly panicking as I looked for the thing. I found it in the room next to the room it was in before, the arcade room.

I guess that should have been pretty obvious...

I looked at the rabbit, it seemed to be facing away from the camera, only partially in its view. I watched in shock as it's foot slowly moved to step into the room. It walked into the room slowly, turning its head to observe the arcade machines. I could hear the quiet echo of its...his? footsteps echo throughout the building, causing me to shiver at the thought of how he could probably hear any noise from my office as well... including that loud ventilation alarm...

I turned to the maintenance screen, rebooting the ventilation to prevent it from going offline and drawing attention from the disturbing thing. After I did that I looked back to the screen, noticing that the animatronic had moved back into Cam 08.

I stared at it. Probably a bit creepy on my part.

It was 2:00 am now.

What happened next terrified me to the core.

The camera flickered to static for a moment, but when it cleared again I saw the rabbit's eyes slowly turn to the camera in the room. The camera flickered again. It's head began to twitch horrifically as it turned to face the camera, opening its mouth slightly.

The screen turned to static.

'It knows I'm here now, it doesn't know where, but he knows I'm somewhere in the building.'

The static cleared up and he was gone.

I tried to swallow the panic that threatened to rise up, trying to be confident and brave...

I flipped through the cameras, finding him standing in cam 9, glowing eyes staring closely at the camera. A chill ran down my spine as I stared into the thing's illuminated irises.

3:00 am.

What did the tapes say? They're programmed to walk towards sound?

I glanced at the audio button, flicking the camera to cam 08 and playing it. Camera 09 quickly went to static. I saw the animatronic appear in cam 08 once again. I smiled at my new discovery.

With that knowledge the night progressed somewhat smoothly, while I made sure to reboot the ventilation each time before the alarm blares.

I didn't see Charlie for the rest of the night. I wondered where she went, but dismissed it as her going off and doing ghost stuff or something.

6 am.

I could finally leave.