Chapter 23: Threats

"...Do you ever stop smiling?" I growled at him, causing his smile to fall slightly.

Without a warning, I suddenly launched my leg up, kicking him hard in the jaw. He released me, cursing at the apparent pain he felt in his jaw that now seemed to be loose. (Haha Y/N set off the springlocks-)

As soon as I hit the ground I snatched the notebook he had dropped and ran like hell. "Can't catch me I'm the gingerbread man" no, I did not say that.

I slid into the office, realizing I couldn't do much to defend myself unless he went through the vents. If I'm lucky, he'll give up and leave me alone, but considering he had nothing better to do than torment me, it was unlikely.

He probably planned to kill me eventually anyways, I guess it was just a matter of time until the murder bunny got bored of me. I might ask him about that.

I watched the cameras, seeing that he had moved out of the cameras view. I jumped when I flipped to cam 02, (which was very close to me) getting jump scared by a burnt balloon boy ghost, who left me with a ventilation error. I quickly repaired it, going back to the cameras only to gasp in horror at what I saw.

On camera 2 was the Springtrap, lifting up his rabbit face to reveal his rotten corpse and it's veiny, swollen glowing eyes while he held his face close to the camera, staring into my soul. I cupped a hand over my mouth.

He let his jaws fall back into place with an odd cracking sound that echoed through the hallways, letting his face lift into a sadistic grin as he stared directly into the camera with malicious intent.

I felt shivers crawl up my spine at the creepy laughter that sounded like it was right outside my door. The camera turned to static.

I need to leave this room.  NOW.

I hit the reboot all button on the maintenance panel as I did a quick check on the vent cameras. Good, nothing in there.

I turned and crawled into the vent before the rabbit could stare through my window. I pulled myself through the dusty vent until I was well out of sight from any eyes in the office. I pinched my nose to try to hold in a sneeze, silently cheering when I was successful. I hated these vents. Especially because there was a lot of cobwebs in here.

I heard a loud screech sound from far behind me, causing my body to be laced with fear. That's probably him, but he's just doing that to scare me, right?

I felt a cold breath hit my ear.

...right?

Terror filled me as I turned around to... darkness?

What the fuck....

I stared into the pitch black with fear and uncertainty...

Until I saw two yellow eyes appear directly in front of me.

I let out a blood curdling scream as I violently struggled to distance myself from the thing.

The creature suddenly grabbed my ankles with rusted hands, I didn't stop my frantic movements as I panicked. It pulled me towards it as we quickly began sliding backwards at an alarmingly rapid pace.

I helplessly screamed as I clawed at the metal walls of the vent until I had been dragged out of the vent entirely. My breathing was heavy as I looked around in shock and confusion.

Springtrap stood over me giggling like a psychopath, "Did I scare you?" He smirked, obviously knowing he the answer. I rolled my eyes at him, choosing not to answer that, "What was that? What happened?" I asked, referring to the overly terrifying moment that happened a minute ago.

He shook his head and laughed "Darling, you were hallucinating. I just didn't reboot the ventilation because- well, why would I?"

I huffed in annoyance, "So inconsiderate." I mumbled. "Hm? What did you say?" Springtrap put a hand up to his ear as if listening, even though his dramatic behavior told me that he heard.

I batted my eyelashes at him, "You're such a kind and sweet soul." I sarcastically complimented him.

"Aw why thank you Y/N! You are horrible at hiding!" The rabbit put a hand on his chest as if flattered. I rolled my eyes and groaned, "Whatever." I was exhausted by his behavior. "Don't think I forgave you for the kicking though." He suddenly had a serious tone, but I ignored him, grabbing my bag and leaving the office. In 30 minutes my shift would be over, but until then I was eager to get away from the annoying rabbit. I heard a quiet growl come from the office, whatever, he's probably pouting. Such an attention whore.

I found myself in the arcade room, where I always end up when I wander. I was going to play BB's Air Adventure, or whatever it was called.

I played the game, collecting balloons and somehow glitching through the wall, when I heard footsteps behind me. It wasn't hard to guess who it was, but I was disinterested in his presence and continued to play the game casually. I momentarily wondered if he was gonna try to take my notebook again, but I figured that he realized how dumb that was by now.

It sounded like Springtrap was tapping his foot impatiently and just staring at my back, what a weirdo. "...I've changed my mind..." he spoke vaguely with a growl. What? Changed his mind about what...?

I furrowed my eyebrows and was about to turn around to ask him, until the bell rang signaling the end of my shift. The game shut down anonymously, and I turned around to face the killer with a questioning look, but he stared at my with a blank look.

"Get out." He firmly said, still watching me. I shrugged and begin to walk past him. "And don't come back. Ever. I know why you're here in the first place." He growled threateningly. I turn around, totally clueless, but I stopped when I saw that he was no longer there. I sighed and turned to leave.

What is he talking about? ...Why does he suddenly want me gone?

I'll sleep on those thoughts... but in the meantime...

I have a stupid funeral to attend.