Chapter 6: Memory

I entered Fazbear's Frights, a sudden feeling of dread coming over me.

"Why does something feel different?" I mumbled to myself.

I walked to the office, noticing that there were more props than on my shift yesterday. There were many white presents with red ribbons and a mask hanging on the wall. I took a moment to observe it.

It was a white porcelain mask with a crack running from the empty eyehole to its left temple, a large grin spread across the mask with rosy cheeks and red lips to accentuate it. The eyes were fairly small, but had purple colored tears painted under the eyes and stopping at the mouth. Overall, it was obvious that the mask was very old.

The mask had a certain familiarity to it that I couldn't quite place my finger on.

I snapped out of the trance I seemed to be in, walking to the office right as I heard the phone ring.

'Just in time' I thought. I sat down in the swivel chair, spinning once before facing myself toward the window and phone.

"Hey! So we found a few more relics, you may have seen them on your way in. We got some boxes and some sort of creepy mask, which I think was a relic from one of the locations that had these toy-doll looking animatronics, creepy stuff. Anyways, yeah I think that it was from the marionette thing they had? Gives me the chills, I remember when the location was still up and running, I never liked that puppet thing, it looked like it had more than plastic and wires behind those eyes... Okay! So you know the drill by now... same stuff, we're going to look in an abandoned original location we found, hopefully we'll find something good, alright then I'll leave ya to it."

A/N: I feel like that sounded really out of character...please don't mind it!

I sat in silence for a moment, flipping through the cameras before I went to try out the arcades, but I stopped on one specific camera when I saw something strange.

In camera 8, I saw a dark thin, yet tall, figure. White stripes adorned its slender black limbs, and I saw the very mask that was once on the wall now covering its face. Suddenly, the once dark and empty eye sockets of the creature were each filled with a chilling silver glowing pupil that stared directly at the camera, making me feel greatly unsettled.

"What the fuck is that...?" I mumbled

Suddenly my vision was filled with flashing lights, then the very face of the creature was before my own, blocking my view of anything else.

My breath quickened, hearing the ventilation error alarm and high pitched screeching noises as I tried to back up from the horrific being, but to no avail as my vision was completely blocked by its piercing eyes and is eerie mask that looked as if it was burned.

Bright flashes filled my vision again as I heard loud aggressive whispers fill my ears.

"I-I was just l-like you"

I felt as if I was going to fall unconscious, but I was far too disoriented and panicked to be able to tell in that moment. My surroundings were suddenly different, no screeching, and no demonic looking creature staring into my soul. I looked around, a sense of familiarity hitting me as I recognized the room I was in as being from the "New and Improved" Freddy Fazbear's Pizza location.

There in front of me I saw myself, except much younger, probably 5 or 6 years old at the time. I was in a room known as Prize Corner, many presents were stacked in the room, along with many tied down balloons of various colors. There were plushies on the counter of the pizzerias animatronic mascots, and then there was one very large box that looked strange. It was a large blue gift box with a purple ribbon on it, except without the bow that the other presents had. On the side of the box was a metal rod for winding, as if it was a large Jack-in-the-box. That thought was proven true when I heard soft music fill the room, the box winding open and revealing a tall slender figure.

All of the kids knew this animatronic as the marionette or the puppet, who gave gifts to kids for their birthdays and celebrations, along with controlling the prize counter. Rising from the box, it set its eyes on me small figure, my younger self staring back up at it with wonder rather than fear.

POV change-3rd person
Young Y/N looked up at the marionette with interest as the puppet character stared back down at her in silence, leaving her to tilt her head, wondering if it could speak. "Hello! My name is Y/N, what's your name?" She said in her innocent childish voice. The white pinpricks for pupils that the puppet possessed, it began to rise out of the box more, confusing little Y/N even more. Was it supposed to do that?

The puppet stepped out of the box, slender limbs touching the floor, the only explanation to how it stood there was the puppet strings attached to the ceiling that held it from falling, yet they didn't make the puppet move. The marionette moved on its own.

The puppet stared down at her, it's tall height threatening to intimidate the young girl.

"I was just like you...once"

The marionette spoke in a childish female voice that echoed, as if being the voice of a lost soul.

"You don't understand us... but one day..."

The puppet bent down to the little girls height.

"I know that your soul is pure...I know that you have a good heart..." a haunting giggle escaped the marionette as she whispered to the child.

"So... please... don't forget me... don't forget us ..."
Her voice turned to a solemn pleading tone.

"I-I don't understand..." the little girl whispered in confusion.

The marionette sighed, reaching its slender fingers up to comb through the young girl's hair gently. "You won't understand for a long time...but I we will see you again...and when we do...don't be afraid of us... don't forget about us..."

~~~
I quickly awoke, seeing no sign of the disturbing marionette other than the blaring ventilation alarm. I must have passed out... but the memory was important... and the puppet felt like more than a hallucination...

I quickly rebooted the ventilation system, taking a deep breath of the now circulating air.

I felt compelled to leave the office, like something...or someone was calling me...

I heard giggling coming from the hallway... so I followed it...

~~~
A/N
Do you guys like this book so far? I know it's kinda drawn out... but I hope you guys don't mind it too much. Let me know in the comments what I can do to make this book better!