72

Kie's POV:

I told JJ that I would relax and not be so focused on getting pregnant. He was right, I was stressing myself out and that isn't going to help me conceive a child. I agreed to give it a year. The next month, we went out on dates, hung out with our friends, and just enjoyed life together.

I wasn't tracking my ovulation super seriously, we knew my fertile day and would have sex but that was it. My only request for JJ was that he didn't get in the hot tub or take hot baths as that's been shown to impact sperm count. He happily promised he wouldn't.

It's been two months and our marriage was stronger than ever. I've noticed my boobs have been really sore the past few days and I know it could just be PMS symptoms, but then my period was late. JJ was at work and I didn't want him to see me break down after another negative pregnancy test and I almost took one, but I decided to wait.

JJ came home and I told him about my period being late and my sore boobs. He agreed that I should take a test. I was in the bathroom, peeing on the test, with the door open as JJ waited in the doorway. After, I washed my hands and left the test on the counter as we waited. JJ hugged me the whole two minutes and when the timer went off he whispered, "No matter, I love you"

"I love you too" I said

"You wanna look or you want me to?"

"You can look" I said giving him permission

He picked the test up and his face said it all. It was positive. He showed me the test and said, "We're having a baby"

I jumped into his arms and he spun me around. I was so happy. I'm glad that I had JJ look first because the happiness on his face seeing that positive test was the best.

I looked at the test and couldn't believe it was positive. JJ kissed me and when the kiss broke I said, "Nice work, mommy"

I rolled my eyes and said, "This was all you, the rest is me"

JJ laughed and said, "I can't wait to watch our baby grow inside you, you're going to look beautiful pregnant"

"You're becoming so cheesy"

"Gotta gross our kids out by showing them how much I love you"

JJ knelt down and lifted my shirt to reveal my stomach as he said, "Hey little one, mommy and daddy love you"

He softly kissed my stomach. That did it. I was now crying happy tears about how sweet my husband was. He will be the best dad and I'm so lucky to have him as my husband.

He stood up and kissed my lips and said, "I love you so much"

"I love you too" I replied

We talked and we were going to wait to tell my mom and dad until after the first doctor's appointment. My mom's birthday was coming up in a few days so we were going to get a gift to tell her she was going to be a grandma.

I went online and made my first appointment with my OBGYN. It was in a few days and JJ was so excited. We couldn't stop talking about everything. We went out to eat at the diner on the cut to celebrate our little secret.

A few days went by and we were at the doctor they were going to do an ultrasound. They were doing the one that goes inside you, I hate this one. JJ leaned down and whispered, "Don't worry, you've had bigger"

I rolled my eyes at my husband as they inserted the wand and a few seconds later, we could see our tiny baby on the screen. The pregnancy was confirmed and we were given a due date. The doctor said the baby looks healthy she expects this to be a safe and healthy pregnancy for both me and the baby.

JJ took me to get ice cream after the appointment and then we went into Target to grab some groceries as we were on the mainland. I walked over to the baby section and JJ and I looked at all the stuff while we held hands. In less than nine months, we'll have a small baby with us. I found the cutest onesie that was gender-neutral and it had a turtle on it. We put it in the cart before checking out and heading home.

Baby Maybank officially had one piece of clothing. We went home and went into the empty room that would be the nursery and I looked at my husband and said, "We've got a lot of work to do"

I went online and ordered a gift for my mom's birthday to announce the pregnancy to them. We were going to keep it from the pogues until I was three months along, but we were telling my parents right away. I wanted to be able to talk to my mom about the pregnancy.

A few days later, we arrived at my parents and my dad was cooking. I noticed a wine glass was set out in my spot and I said, "Mom, let's start with presents"

"Oh, okay" She said

We sat on the couch and she opened her real ones from us first and then a few from my dad. I saved the best for last.

My mom opened her gift and inside was a wooden picture frame with a picture of my ultrasound and it said, 'hi grandma'. Her face was priceless and my dad looked over at the gift she opened. My mom hugged me and she was crying. I saw my dad give JJ the biggest hug ever and he said, "Well done, son"

I laughed and so did my mom and JJ. My dad hugged me and my mom hugged JJ. They were both so excited! We filled them in on the appointment, due date, and all that. They promised to keep it a secret.

"Do you have names picked out?" My mom asked and she quickly added, "You don't have to say the name but have you started talking about names"

"Yes, we actually have a few narrowed down"

"That is so exciting, are you guys finding out the gender?" My dad asked

"Yes" JJ said as we had already talked about it

"One last question, what are you guys calling the baby right now?"

"Baby Maybank" I smiled and my mom teared up looking at me and JJ

"Oh, how the two of you have grown up so fast" She said crying again as she hugged us

We ate dinner and my mom filled my wine glass up with water and smiled as she put it down. She was so happy, she said, "This is the best birthday surprise ever"

We hung out for three hours before heading home and going to bed after a long day. I was already six weeks along.