58

Kie's POV:

JJ and I were walking on the beach and he grabbed my hand and kissed it as we walked in the sand.

"Jayge, I know that I love Florida, but this will always be home" I said admiring the view

"Home is wherever you are, babe" He said to me kissing me

He laughed and he said, "When I agreed to fake date you to make Cody jealous, I never imagined my life turning out like this"

"I didn't expect to actually fall in love with you" I admitted

"Made things complicated, but we figured it out"

"I'm glad I picked you to be my fake boyfriend"

"Me too, you've shown me that love exists and I've never felt that feeling of being loved before I met you and I didn't just get you. Your family took me in like I was their son and your mom and dad have loved me in a way that my parents never could. I can't ever thank them enough for that, it's all because I agreed to be your fake boyfriend"

The sky was gorgeous, the waves were calm, it was a perfect night. It was so perfect that I decided I wanted my promise ring back. I wanted us back. I looked at JJ and asked, "The ring, can I have it back?"

He seemed caught off guard as we continued walking and then he stopped and got serious and said, "Kie, I can't give you your promise ring back"

"Why? Did you get rid of it?" I asked concered, I mean I told him that he could do whatever he wanted with it but I didn't actually mean it

The fact that he was still wearing that promise ring gave me hope for our future when he dropped me off at the airport. It's what made me realize that I was still in love with him. I saw the chain under his shirt and I pulled it out and the ring was still there. I was relieved and he said, "I can't give you a promise ring because I don't want to promise to marry you someday. I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I don't want to just promise to make you my wife someday, I want you to be my wife, and that's why I'm asking, Kiara Anna Carrera, will you marry me?"

He pulled a ring out of his pocket and he got down on one knee. He was holding my dream engagement ring. Holy shit. This was actually happening! I was in shock. I was not expecting this.

"Yes" I said with tears in my eyes

JJ stood up and he hugged me and then he put the ring on my finger. I kissed him and when the kiss broke I said, "I love you and I can't wait to be your wife"

I heard clapping and cheering and I looked to see my parents, the pogues, and Sarah all standing there. I looked at JJ and I started crying. I can't believe he pulled this off so my parents could watch me get engaged. My mom ran and hugged me and she was crying too. She grabbed my hand to inspect the ring and said, "It's beautiful, just like you"

My dad hugged me next and the pogues were all congratulating JJ. I watched my dad hug JJ and he said, "I'm so fucking happy right now"

Everyone laughed and JJ said, "Sorry I didn't get your permission before but it was a last-minute thing..."

"JJ, I gave you my blessing with the promise ring. I couldn't be happier for you both"

We took pictures while the sky was still pretty and then my mom and dad invited everyone over for drinks to celebrate our engagement. I posted the picture on social media and my phone was blowing up.

"So you still want that promise ring back?" JJ joked

"I had no idea you were going to propose!" I laughed and JJ told everyone the story about what I said