68

Mike's POV:

JJ and Kiara had told me that JJ was getting a vasectomy and I showed up to be there to support JJ. I mean he is technically my son now. He went back to have the procedure done and it went much faster than I expected. He was walking normally and didn't seem to be in too much pain.

"How'd it go?" I asked

"I didn't do it" He replied and I was shocked

"Why not?" I asked

"There's a lot of reasons and none of them are because I was too scared. I just know how much Kie wants to be a mom and I don't want to close that door forever"

"Are you sure that's what you want?"

"Positive" He said confidently

"Alright, let's take you home"

I drove JJ home and on the way home he asked, "Do you really think I'd be a good dad?"

"JJ, you'd be one of the best. I'd be proud to be a grandfather to your son or daughter"

He looked out the window and said, "You know when my mom got pregnant with me she was so excited and after I was born she got that postpartum depression and went crazy and died in a car accident and my dad kinda gave me a shitty life. I've always been scared that the same thing might happen to Kie or that I'd be a shitty father... But being in that room and really thinking about it. I don't know. I just realized that being a dad doesn't sound so terrifying anymore"

JJ continued, "Kie would be the best mom and she was heartbroken when she had that miscarriage. I hated seeing her like that and I'll admit, I pictured a little kid running around and the thought didn't scare me. Hearing the doctor say that the vasectomy could be reversible but there could be complications and I might never be able to have kids.... I'd hate to change my mind and not be able to have kids"

He paused and said, "I guess, I realized that I want kids. I might have grown up with a shitty dad, but you've shown me what being a good dad is "

I had the biggest smile on my face. I didn't even know what to say. I was going to be a grandpa and I couldn't be happier. I parked outside JJ and Kiara's house and said, "Go tell her, she's going to be so excited"

"Thanks, Mike, for everything"

"You're welcome, now go tell her" I said as Kiara walked outside

JJ got out of the truck and Kie walked over. I turned around to leave but I watched in my rearview mirror as JJ told her. I couldn't hear what he said but I saw the biggest smile appear on my daughter's face as she jumped into his arms and he spun her around before he kissed her.

I smiled as I drove home to tell my wife the news. I knew she was going to be happy because she wanted to be a grandma just like I wanted to be a grandpa.

------------------------------

Kie's POV:

I walked outside and my dad was dropping JJ off. He got out of the truck and before I could say anything JJ said, "I couldn't do it, I realized how much I love you and I wanna make babies with you"

"Are you serious?" I asked

"Yes" He said smiling

I jumped into his arms to hug him and he spun me around in circles before putting me down and kissing me. We made out in the front yard and then I asked, "What changed your mind?"

"You... I couldn't stop thinking about how much I loved you. I know you want to be a mom and I want to give you that. That miscarriage also hurt like hell. If something happens to me, I don't ever want you to be alone. I want your parents to have grandchildren. I also want a little girl, just like you. I also was scared of regretting the procedure. There's a lot of things but the one thing that I know is that I want to have babies with you and that I'm madly in love with you"

"I love you" I said at a loss for words

I just kissed my husband again and then we went inside and had the best unprotected sex with no worries. I still had to get my birth control removed but there was no fear of accidentally getting pregnant. The next day, I went and had my birth control taken out and it lined up perfectly that my ovulation time was one week later.

I came home from my appointment and JJ took me to the diner for dinner and then we went to the beach and got ice cream before going home.

"Kie, I want you to know why I didn't want kids"

We sat on the couch and he told me about his mom's postpartum depression, how she died from it, and how it made his dad blame him for his mother's death. He told me about the abuse, how alone he felt as a kid, and how he never wanted to pass Luke's genes on. He cried as he told me. He had very solid reasons for not wanting kids and I feel guilty for breaking up with him because of it.

He was a mess but then he said, "But then I met your dad and he showed me what a good dad is. They aren't all bad. I fell in love with you and I know you're going to be the best mom and I'm so in love with you, Kie... I want this, I promise"

"I love you" I said

"I love you too, so much" He said kissing me again