8

JJ's POV:

I went home after meeting Kie's parents and that night could have been a disaster but it wasn't. I also got a job at the Wreck which was awesome as I needed the extra cash.

The next day at school, in the hallway I was walking with Kie and she whispered, "Put your arm around me"

I did and sure enough, Cody walked by a few seconds later. He glared over at us and then kept walking. Once Cody passed, I removed my arm and we went our separate ways. We kept this up for the next two weeks, she'd tell me to kiss her, hold her hand, or I'd just do it whenever Cody was around.

All of our romantic interactions were when Cody was watching, but tonight was different. It was a Saturday night and Kiara was over at the Chateau and we were hanging out with the pogues. John B and I were playing that game where we pushed each other and tried not to fall. We could only move once and more than that meant we lost the game. Stupid, but fun. I had won against Pope and now John B. I shotgunned a beer to celebrate my victory.

"Don't celebrate too fast, you still gotta beat your girlfriend" John B declared

"It's okay" She said

"No way, let's go" Pope said

Kie got up and I explained how to play even though it was pretty simple. We started and she actually was pretty good. The guys were cheering for Kie. After a few minutes, I stumbled and made more than one move, making Kie the winner. John B tossed her a beer and she shotgunned it, it was hot as fuck.

"Guess you aren't the winner after all" She smirked

"Damn right, Kie's the winner" John B said hugging her

Pope hugged her too and John B said, "Sore loser, you're not even going to give her a celebratory hug"

"Fuck no, not when I can do this" I said kissing Kie

It wasn't just a peck, it wasn't with tongue either, just a solid kiss. We broke away and I got lost in her eyes she was smiling, good sign. The boys both fake gagged and we both laughed.

That night, Kie went home and I spent the night at the Chateau. The next day, I was going with Kie and her family to Sunday brunch at the country club.

We sat at the table and Cody's family sat at the table across from us. Kie seemed nervous and Cody kept looking over at us. I put my hand on her thigh to let her know that I was there and everything was okay and Cody could see it so it worked out. The food was amazing and we kept talking and it wasn't awkward.

Kie seemed calmer and we kept talking with her parents and then Cody came over to the table. We all stopped eating and looked at him.

"Listen, I'm really sorry for what happened with your daughter... I'd like to speak with her for a few minutes" Cody said and Mike looked livid

I know the whole goal was to get Cody and Kie back together, but right now her dad was about to lose it.

"Dude, you should've thought of that before you fucking cheated on her. Leave us alone and let us enjoy our meal" I said

Cody stormed off and went to the parking lot and Mike said, "Thank you, JJ. You did that way calmer than I was about to"

Anna smiled at me and asked, "Kiara, are you okay?"

"Yeah, all good" She answered with a fake smile

After brunch, Kie called me and I knew she was pissed. She was mad that I said that to Cody and she wanted to know what he had to say. I told her she could go over there but if we wanted this fake dating thing to be believable, I had to say something. This was our first real fight and it was so stupid. She hung up on me.

I ignored it and was pissed at her for being pissed at me when I was just doing my job as her fake boyfriend.  Before I hung up on her I yelled, "I don't know why you care so much about the guy who fucking cheated on you!"

"Fuck you, JJ! You're the worst fake boyfriend ever" She yelled back

I was annoyed with her and she was clearly pissed at me. We didn't talk at all the rest of the day or on Monday at school. But then Tuesday rolled around and  I noticed Cody walking towards Kie and I walked up to her and hugged her and whispered, "Look happy, Cody's coming"

We got all gross and flirty and once he passed, she gave me this look and rolled her eyes. She didn't talk to me for the rest of the day and I knew she was really pissed at me. I tried texting her and she ignored me. Literally all weekend she wouldn't text me back or call me back.

I went to her house Sunday night and her mom let me in and I headed up to her room. I've never been in her room before. I knocked on the door and then slowly opened it and she was laying in bed. She saw me and said, "Get out of my room"

"No, not until you talk to me"

"I don't have to talk to you, JJ. Cody isn't around right now so you shouldn't be either"

I didn't leave her room. I came in and closed the door and she just looked at me and asked, "What are you doing?"

"Kie... We need to talk"

"No, we don't"

I walked over and she said, "Don't sit on my bed with your outside clothes on"

"What?" I asked confused

"You have clothes on that you've worn outside, they have outside germs, they're dirty. In order to sit on my bed you need to shower and have clean clothes on, inside clothes, but not clothes that you've been wearing around the house because those came into contact in a common area where you've had outside clothes on" She explained

I couldn't help but laugh and say, "You're such a dork, but that's fair"

She looked at me and didn't look as pissed off at me anymore. Instead, she said, "That kiss... It caught me off guard"

I was confused for a second before I remembered that I kissed her in front of the pogues. I honestly didn't think twice about it. It was sort of becoming natural at this point. I played it off and said, "Sorry, I know part of our deal was to also show them that I can be a good boyfriend and I guess I just kinda got caught up in the moment"

"So did I" She said quietly

"So, we're good, right? We don't need to break up from our fake relationship?"

"No, we're good" She said

I stood up and then said, "As you fake boyfriend, I believe I owe you a hug"

She opened her arms for me to hug her and I leaned down and wrapped my arms around her. After our hug broke, I asked, "Do you have to change shirts now that my outside clothes contaminated your clean bed pajamas?"

"Maybe, I do... So you should leave because I might take off my shirt" She said as we were both laughing

"Maybe, I wanna see your tits" I smirked

"Such a boy" She said and added, "I'm kidding about having to change shirts"

She laid back down in her bed and curled up with the covers. I looked around her room for a brief second before saying, "Goodnight, princess"

"Goodnight" She said as I left her room and closed the door behind me

I made my way back downstairs where her parents were and her mom asked, "Everything okay?"

"Yeah, just wanted to say goodnight to her"

"Thanks for stopping over, JJ. Get home safe"

"Goodnight, Mr. and Mrs. Carrera" I nodded as I walked outside and got my bike and headed home