51

JJ's POV:

I started my own business as an electrician in the Outer Banks. I had a few odd jobs here and there as I worked on fixing up the shack. In my free time, I worked at the Wreck to make all the extra money I could because home improvement projects were expensive.

I was in the best part of the project, the demolition. I got a dumpster and completely gutted the house. Mike would come over every night and help me. We were to the fun part using axes to take down walls a few walls, old cupboards, etc.

Mike and I ordered a pizza and sat outside to eat while each drank a beer. We were talking about the next steps for the house and he told me about material I should go get/order. It was very therapeutic to literally destroy the house my dad abused me in. I was glad Mike was here with me for this whole project.

John B came home early from his job assignment in Mexico. It had something to do with a huge shipping order getting lost overseas so there was no work. I was glad my friend was home. I needed his help to get my mind off of Kiara.

I was over at the Chateau and he looked at me and asked, "Why don't you want to have a baby?"

"It's complicated, alright?"

"We've got time"

"I'm not going to tell you"

"Does Kie at least know?"

"Eh, kinda... It doesn't matter because I'm not changing my mind"

"You don't have to change your mind, but the love of your life deserves to know why her soulmate doesn't want to have kids with her"

"When you say it like that it makes me sound like a total dick"

"You kinda are, dude"

"What?" I asked

"JJ, you gave her a promise ring. You promised to marry her, that's a hell of a commitment. You say you love her but yet you still won't have a baby with her. It's Kie... What are you so scared of?"

"I'm not scared and she knew I didn't want kids"

"You also told her that you'd consider it, what happened?"

"It's not something I want to talk about"

"JJ, you can tell me anything. I promise it stays between us, no judgment"

"My dad died" I simply said

I took a breath and said, "He told me about this box of my mom's stuff and I was sorting through it and I found some paperwork. She was diagnosed with postpartum depression. I caused my mom's death... The whole leaving thing was a total mental breakdown and she died in a crash. It's all my fault... My DNA sucks"

"JJ, first of all, that isn't your fault. Second, your DNA doesn't suck"

"It does and I don't want to pass that onto Kie's kids, I don't want to make Kie go crazy, and I refuse to let kids destroy my relationship with Kie"

"I mean you already destroyed your relationship by telling her you didn't want kids"

"Fuck off" I said getting up and leaving

I was pissed off at what John B said. I went home and smoked some weed and got so fucking high. I know this was immature and something my father would have done, but I needed to do something to take the edge off.

I was scrolling my contacts trying to see what girl might want to hook up. I came across the name, Piper. She was always looking for a hook up.

JJ: Hey, DTF???

Piper: YES! Come over

JJ: Be there soon

Piper: I'll be waiting... in my bed... naked

I finished smoking and then I took a shower. I headed over to Piper's house and I knocked on the door and she yelled, "It's open"

I walked inside and kicked my shoes off as I went to her bedroom where she was laying naked on the bed.

"Hey sexy" I said seeing her

"Says you" She said looking me up and down

I took my shirt off and crawled on the bed on top of her as I kissed her. We made out and had sex and then I spent the night. This became a regular thing over the next few weeks.

Kie was home this weekend and I didn't want to see her. I was finally getting over her and I did my best to avoid her while she was home. However, that plan failed because she showed up at my front door and she looked so beautiful.

"Hey" She smiled

"Hi" I said

"How have you been? I'm sorry that I just showed up here but I miss you and I was wrong... I don't need kids, I just need you" She said

"Kie..." I said as my heart and stomach both dropped

Piper walked over and said, "Hi Kiara"

"Hi" She said awkwardly

"JJ, you didn't tell me Kiara was going to come over"

"I didn't know, she just stopped by" I told Piper

"Well, then you should tell her the good news" Piper smiled at me, and then Kiara

"What's the good news?" Kie asked

"I'm pregnant!" Piper said in a cheery voice

"Pregnant?" Kie asked looking at me

"Yeah, almost a month along" Piper said smiling

I didn't even know what to say to Kie. She was pissed and sad at the same time. She didn't even say anything. She just turned to walk away and she left without saying a word. Piper kissed me and said, "I can't wait to meet our little twins"

I woke up drenched in sweat. I grabbed my phone and it was 3 in the morning. I checked my texts and I didn't text Piper. I was passed out on the couch. It was all just a dream. Holy shit...

I was sweating and I took my shirt off and decided to take a shower. The dream felt so real. The cold water from the shower snapped me out of my thoughts and I went to my bed and laid down. I double-checked my texts and there was no message to Piper.

I tried to sleep but I just tossed and turned thinking about the dream, no nightmare that I just had. I had no interest in hooking up with Piper or any girls for that matter. That phase of my life was over and I'm never going back to it.

I got up early and went for a run. I needed to feel something and exercise was a good way for me to do that. I also tossed the rest of the weed because that shit gave me some crazy dreams.