54

Kie's POV:

I went on a date a few weeks ago with this guy named William and he just wasn't for me. I tried another date with Christopher, but there was no vibe between us. However, I was currently on my third date with my friend Matt and things had been going really well.

He's been taking things slow which I appreciate. I remembered my parents were having their big anniversary party and I invited Matt to come with me. He was super excited to go see the Outer Banks. He booked a plane ticket to come with me and a week later, we arrived in the Outer Banks and my mom picked us up from the airport. She was surprised to see Matt but was kind to him.

We got home and I showed Matt around and he was staying in the guest room, JJ's room. It was weird knowing that this used to be my boyfriend's room and now the guy I was kind of seeing was staying in there.

Matt and I went on a walk around the neighborhood and then to the beach for sunset. He grabbed my hand as we walked back to my mom and dad's house. We had dinner with them and they got to know Matt more than just meeting him a few times when they were visiting.

We all headed to bed when my mom came into my room and said, "So that's new"

"Yeah, it's nothing official... We've gone on a few dates and I like him, but he's taking it slow"

"Fun, he seems nice. I'm glad you brought him so we can get to know him better"

The next day was my mom and dad's anniversary party. We were at my parent's party and JJ approached me and said, "We should talk"

"I'll be back" I said to Matt

JJ and I walked away from the crowd to the dock and he said, "You are you and Matt dating?"

"No, I mean not officially"

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because there is nothing to tell"

"Looks like there is something going on" He said sounding jealous

"Well, there isn't! We're friends and we've gone on a few dates but he hasn't even kissed me. It's practically platonic"

JJ gave me a look like he didn't believe me and I said, "It's true"

"So, how have you been? How's your new job?" He asked changing the subject

"It's been good, I like it and I'm so happy to be done with school" I said as we walked back to the party as we talked about work

He still seemed annoyed and he avoided me most of the night. I mainly hung out with Matt and talked to a bunch of people at the party, mainly small talk.

They played my parents' wedding song and they were slow dancing to it. Matt asked me to dance and I said yes. I spotted JJ standing off the side holding a beer. We locked eyes and then I said to Matt, "I'll be right back"

I walked inside the Wreck and went to the kitchen to grab a bottle of wine. I hated that all I could focus on was JJ.

"Hey, are you okay?" JJ asked

"I'm fine, I just wish you'd stop paying so much attention to me and Matt"

"I'm just making sure you're in good hands and it's hard not to stare at the most beautiful woman at the party"

"JJ.." I said looking at him and telling him he shouldn't be saying it

"It's true" He said looking into my eyes

I moved closer to him and he took a step closer to me. We both leaned in for the kiss and our lips met and it felt like no time had passed. JJ pulled back and grabbed my hand and brought me into the bathroom where he locked the door and pushed me up against the wall and crashed his lips into mine.