52

Kie's POV:

I was graduating college today and my mom and dad were in town for my college graduation. It's been two months since JJ and I broke up and I miss him every day. He texted me this morning.

JJ: I'm so proud of you! You've worked so hard to graduate early from college. The world isn't ready for Kiara Carrera

Kie: Thank you, I wish you were here

I was all dressed up in my white dress as we headed to the graduation ceremony. My mom's whole side of the family was there.  I was sitting in my chair on the football field, sweating. They gave speeches and then people started getting called up and I could hear my family cheering for me. I looked over at them and I saw JJ's blonde hair. He was cheering the loudest. We were so far apart but we locked eyes and I couldn't help but smile.

The ceremony ended and I went to find my family. My mom and dad hugged me and we took pictures and then my cousins congratulated me and we took pictures. JJ patiently waited for his turn and he walked up to me smiling and I hugged him. His arms felt like home. I've missed him so much. I stayed in his arms longer than I should've.

We took a few pictures and then we all went back to the beach house to celebrate. My college friends came over and they were all surprised to see JJ there, especially Matt.

"I thought you haven't talked to him since the break up" He said

"I haven't... He texted me this morning but I had no idea he was here"

"Just don't end up in bed with him, it'll only make it harder" He said

"I won't, but I do need to talk to him"

I walked over to JJ and he followed me outside.

"Hey" He said

"Sup" I said

"Sorry to just show up and surprise you... I stayed with Zeke last night and I don't know, you've worked so hard for this and I'd hate to miss it but I understand if..."

"I'm glad you're here" I said

"You are?" He asked looking into my eyes

"Yeah, I am... How's the construction going?"

"It's been good, your dad has been a lot of help. Turns out that taking an ax to the shack feels pretty damn good, very therapeutic"

"Well, I'd love to see the final product if you'd be willing to show me"

"You're always welcome over, no invite needed"

Our eyes were still locked and I know he was thinking about the same thing I was. The last time we were here together. Our goodbye. We both looked inside and saw people sitting at the table and eating and we both started laughing. I don't know why it's funny, it happened almost two years ago, but there was one night in the middle of dinner when JJ and I started making out and he fucked me on the kitchen table.

JJ went to say something, but he stopped himself and I asked, "What were you going to say?"

"Nothing" He lied

"You can tell me your dirty thoughts because I think I already know what you were going to say"

He smirked as he leaned down and whispered in my ear, "The best meals are eaten on that table"

I looked at him and laughed and he said, "That stays between us"

"Who would I tell?"

"I don't know, just making sure" He said smiling

I could've talked to him forever, but I didn't trust myself. All logic disappeared when our eyes locked again.

"Kie..." He said softly has he lightly brushed his hand up against mine

"Jayge... It's going to make this so much harder than it already is"

"I'm not gonna say anything" He said before I could tell him not to make a dirty joke

We were both slowly leaning in to kiss when fucking Libby walked out and said, "You're wanted in the kitchen"

JJ and I looked at each other and he said, "Guess you better go"

"What time do you leave?"

"Plane takes off at 9pm"

"Don't leave without saying goodbye" I said heading inside

My mom was there wanting pictures and my grandparents wanted to talk and I got sucked into talking and pictures and completely lost track of time.

I quickly ran outside to catch Zeke and JJ leaving. I hugged JJ goodbye and he kissed the top of my head.

"I want to kiss your lips. I want to do more than just kiss you but it's not fair to you. I'm so proud of you, Kie... I'll see ya later" He said getting in Zeke's car

"Thank you for coming, have a safe trip home"

"I will" He said as Zeke left

I wanted to go with him or have him stay here, but I let him go. I went back inside and Matt came over and asked, "So, did anything happen?"

"No, we almost kissed but then he told me it wouldn't be fair to me"

"Good, it would've only made it harder" Matt said

"I don't know, him leaving again hurts the same"

"Let's get your mind off it, what do you want to do?"

I looked at him and said, "JJ"

He laughed and said, "Can't help you there... Once your parents leave, call me and I'll plan a fun day for us to get your mind off things. We can invite Libby, Tess, and Zach too"

"Sounds good, thank you for coming!" I said hugging Matt goodbye

Everyone left, I was alone with my parents and I asked, "Did you guys know JJ was coming?"

"Not until he texted me this morning that he was with Zeke. I offered to buy him a plane ticket with me and your mom" My dad told me

"How's he been doing?" I asked

"He misses you, but he's really busy with the house and starting his own business as an electrician"

"Good, thank you for helping him with the house"

"They're together almost every night" My mom laughed

I know our break up and relationship was a unique situation. I told my mom and dad that I didn't want them to cut JJ out because he had nobody. I was glad that JJ and my dad were still getting along. My parents left a few days later and I hung out with my friends. I had gotten a job but I had some time before it started.

My mom and dad flew back out for Christmas this year and JJ was spending Christmas with Pope and his family. It was slowly getting easier without JJ. I still missed him but it didn't hurt as much.

They left after New Years and I started my first big girl job. I was so excited to finally be done with school. I had a great job and I felt pretty accomplished. I still had major baby fever but that's something I'll work on later.