POV: Max

As soon as we land, I send a message to Charles, feeling quite nervous to the thought of meeting with him. I know it's kind of silly, but since he broke the trust I had in him, it's a bit hurtful to look at him the same. I know it'll go away with time but it's still very soon, both our relationship, and the incident.

I decide to ignore this feeling and focus on something else. And for that, the bracelet proudly displayed on my wrist is the perfect object to focalize my attention on. I've looked at it so many times that I might become crazy, but I just love it so much. It represents everything that I never had, and just thinking about it makes me tear up. I can do whatever I want anyways, I'm in my own jet.

I still need to get out though, and swiftly grab my suitcase, walking away to get back to my house. I need to take a good shower, change clothes, and check if I actually have my passport at home. Then, I'm going to meet up with Charles. I'm actually both scared and excited about what he'll have prepared, I already imagine so many nice things, but, I don't want to be disappointed.

Time flies, and soon I'm closing the door, hoping in my car. I've dressed myself particularly well tonight, I didn't want to show up in a bunch of Redbull branded clothes, I doubt Charles would have liked that. Therefore, I've settled on a plain white t-shirt, with a black vest and black trousers as well. Maybe I've put a little too much perfume, but I wanted to smell good and... yeah, got carried away.

My heart starts racing when I arrive near his apartment, seeing the light on, through his window. I wanted to bring something as guests usually do, but he had absolutely forbidden me to do so, and I decided to not go against him tonight. Let's say my presence is the gift, I hope he'll appreciate that enough then!

I carefully knock on the door, looking at the time on my watch. I'm about 5 minutes early, which in my opinion is a really great time to show up. I wait in silence, wondering if I need to knock again, when the handle suddenly rotates with a mechanic sound.

— Hello?

I'm expecting to see someone behind, but no one answers and the door is simply left slightly open. Curious, and a bit anxious, I decide to open it wide, trying to understand if this is part of the surprise or if Charles has been murdered and a thief is currently behind the wood panel, ready to kill me too.

Thankfully for me, it's the first option that appears to be the correct one, as I suddenly hear some romantic music playing, and inviting me to come in completely. Once I'm sure everything is safe, I shut the door behind me, before turning around. My eyes open in shock at the beautiful petal's path formed on the floor.

I can't help but chuckle nervously, at how cliché this is. Cliché, but insanely cute though. I can already feel the excitement bubbling in my stomach, and making me smile so big it actually hurts.

But there's still no Charles to see, while he's the one I want to see the most. Intrigued, I start following the flower path, careful not to slip on them. How ridiculous would it be if I, an F1 driver, got into an accident because of petals on the ground? Imagine the headlines!

Fortunately, nothing like this happens, and I successfully get in one piece to the end of the path. I don't understand at first, as nothing special seems to be in the living room, until I look over to the piano. He's here, my lovely and devilishly handsome boyfriend, sitting behind the instrument.

Before I can say a word, our eyes meet and a note resonates in the room. He's playing, playing the most beautiful piece I've ever heard, playing all while keeping his gaze fondly locked on me, inviting me to share this moment with him.

I decide to sit on the armchair on the side of the piano, wanting to enjoy every second of it, and every detail of Charles. How his hands move so fluidly, how he sits so straight on that seat, how his hair looks literally perfect. He has an angelical face, and I know I'm fucked because I realise how deeply in love I am. I know that I'd already long forgiven him, deep in my heart. This only made it clearer by how genuine it sounds.