Chapter 16

JIMIN'S POV

I sat under the huge tent like structure as Jungkook was still collecting our food from the cook. I've never done this before, having street food, I mean. But I was so comfortable. Usually, with Jaebeom, we go to these really fancy restaurants, places where you don't even feel comfortable with sneezing. But this... this is amazing, people laughing and talking as they're passing by. The sounds of cars, the cool air from outside. Everything is just so cool and amazing. I'm even surprised that Jungkook came to eat with me. I thought he hated me now.

"Where's your mind at?" Jungkook asked as he sat down, placing a huge bowl of noodles with tteokbeoki as well as fried chicken. Hmmm, it looks so delicious. I wanna dig in already. Restaurants only give a small potion of food, but you have to pay so much money.

"I was just thinking, I've never sat like this on the side of the road and had street food." I said to him. He chuckled while giving me my chopsticks.

"So why would you suggest it?" He asked me.

"Because... I was hungry and I wanted to eat with you. And I know you wouldn't want to be in any fancy restaurants. Neither do I actually, restaurants charge you for breathing inside them." I said, shaking my head, and Jungkook just laughed at me. He put some food for me on this little bowl and put some for himself, too.

"Eat, but be careful. It's hot." He told me. I nodded like a little baby, which caused him to smile and playfully pinch my cheeks. See that? Him smiling and playing with my cheeks? That's what I want. I want him to always be happy with me, I want him to be able to love me freely without Jaebeom. I want to be able to love and care for him without worrying about Jaebeom. And that's exactly what I'm gonna do.

"So, I've always been meaning to ask, since you live alone. Where are your parents?" I asked as we started eating.

"Oh, they live in Busan. You just reminded me that it's been a while since I contacted them. But they're okay and well." Jungkook said. Well, that's nice.

"So why don't you live with them?" I asked.

"Jimin I'm 26, I can't expect my parents to look after a 26 year old man. That's why I came to Seoul. I finished university, graduated but I couldn't find the job that I wanted. So I ended up being a chauffer." He explained.

"Aww that sucks, I'm sorry. But don't worry, you'll still get the job of your dreams in future, don't lose hope." I tried to cheer him up. He just nodded with a smile. He then took a piece of chicken and fed me. I shyly giggled as I took a bit from the chicken.

"What's so funny about eating chicken?" He asked while raising his one eyebrow as if he wanted to intimidate me.

"You're treating me like a baby Kookie. I can feed myself." I said with a small pout. He again pinched my cheeks with a smile.

"You're my baby, that's why I'm feeding you." He said. I smiled while looking down, argh he just made me so flustered.

"You're blushing." He pointed out. I quickly touched my cheeks that seemed to be heating up, I hope I haven't turned a shade of pink. That would be so embarrassing.

"I'm not." I giggled as I lied. Of course I was blushing. How can I not when he makes me feel so flustered? Jungkook chuckled and we continued eating while talking about anything and everything.

"Well you know how Jaebeom is so controlling. I never had any friends. Ever since I married him, he's the only male that has been in my life. Well except Chef Jin who treats me like a little brother. But he also can't be relaxed around me if there's Jaebeom. He hates me being around other guys." I explained my situation as he had asked if I really had no friends at all.