Chapter 4

PARK JIMIN'S POV

I knew today would be amazing the moment I woke up. The air feels different around this house, and I'm sure that's because of Jaebeom's absence. It felt so nice going to bed alone, with no one holding me. When he cuddles me, it just feels like he's suffocating me. But I am used to it, I mean... he has been my husband for the past 4 years. At some point, you realize that some things won't change, so you accept them. Just like I accepted that I'll be stuck with Kang Jaebeom for the rest of my life.

Earlier in the morning, Jaebeom was the first person who called to check in on me. See if I had a good night or not. I'm really scared of being alone or being in the dark, so I understand his worries. But I do have sleeping pills that I take every time, so that helps me fall asleep quickly without realizing that I'm alone in this mansion.

Now it was midday, I was sitting on the couch, sipping some white wine and reading a book. It just felt good relaxing, not worried that Jaebeom might come in any minute and ruin my moment of happiness. Truth be told, the moment I was this free and at ease was back when my parents were still alive. I think I was 19 then, now I'm 24 years old. I could have gone to visit my friends by now, but unfortunately I don't have any. I've always been a shy kid when I was young, so I've never been good at making friends. And when I got married, Jaebeom completely forbade me from making friends. He says he doesn't trust anyone around me. Talk about psychotic behavior.

"Mr Park?"

I turned back and looked at who was calling me. It was our chef.

"Oh yes, Chef Jin, is something wrong?" I asked while looking at him. He gave me a soft smile and quickly shook his head.

"No, of course not, I just wanted to tell you that I'm going to get some groceries. Will you be okay alone?" He asked me, looking really concerned.

"Oh, don't worry, I'll be fine, but uhm.... I don't know... maybe I can just tag along?" I enquired while making a pouty face. Jin looked at me with a slight smile.

"You wanna come?" He asked.

"I just... I want some air. I'm tired of seeing these walls." I said, looking around the house while gulping the rest of my white wine. Jin gave me a smile and nodded.

"That's okay, let's go together." He said. I giggled excitedly and got up. I hardly get out of the house without Jaebeom, so I'm really happy that I get to go out and do something else with someone else. Plus... I've never done grocery shopping in my life. This will be fun.

"Thank you." I quickly got up and rushed up the staircase, I went to my room and grabbed my favorite lip oil. It smelled like cherries, and I loved it. I then took my credit card and rushed back down. Jin was still waiting for me, of course.

We both went out together, and I noticed Jungkook was already standing there near the car. I know this is out of context, but can I just say this, I think Jungkook is extremely tall and very handsome, and he smells good . He drives really well, and he has a nice voice. I've never seen someone who is polite and who respects me as much as he does. He can't even maintain eye contact with me. It's funny but cute at the same time.

"Good day, Mr Park." Jungkook slightly bowed as he greeted me. He then gave me a brief but shy smile, which I kindly returned.

"Hello Jungkook." I greeted back. He opened the back door for me, and Jin and I got in first. Jin was about to get in as well, but he received a phone call right that moment.

"Excuse me, just a second." Jin muttered as he walked a bit far from me to answer the call. I just sat and waited in the car while busy doing nothing on my phone. I don't even use any social media platforms. As Jaebeom said, putting my information on the socials might compromise my safety.