Chapter 14

JAEBEOM'S POV [because why not?]

I was sitting in my office at work, just spinning around with my chair while my mind was in deep thoughts. Something is not right with Jimin. I keep trying to put my finger on it, but I can't. But I know there's something big going on, and he's hiding it from me. I will find out, though, I mean... I'm Kang Jaebeom. Nothing gets past me. Especially not something involving my husband. I know Jimin, and right now... he's not the Jimin that I know.

I stopped twirling with my chair and balanced my elbows on my desk. My eyes landed on a picture of me and Jimin on our wedding day, I took it and looked at it with a slight smile on my face. He looked really beautiful this day, but he was really thin and his eyes looked so lifeless. His smile didn't even reach his eyes, but still. He's the most prettiest person I've ever laid my eyes on. I placed the photo down and took another one. This was taken during a family dinner when Jimin's parents were still alive. It was me, Jimin, his parents and my parents. I chuckled and shook my head, looking at the deceased couple.

"Your death was too soon, my in-laws. But was it really hard to give your son to me without any hassles? I married him anyway. So, was it worth dying for?"

I mumbled while looking at the picture. They were all smiling, and so was Jimin. He still had those chubby cheeks, and his body had more weight than it does now. He looked cute, of course, but I made him diet a lot. I wasn't about to have a fat guy for a husband. I'm Kang Jaebeom, after all, and I have a status to uphold.

The door to my office opened, and my secretary waltzed in, carrying some files in his hand. He was a really pretty guy, and I think he liked me, but fortunately, I'm very loyal to Jimin. I mean, I didn't have to do all that shit to get him to marry me, only so I could cheat. I love my dollface with every inch of me. He likes to call it an obsession, but it's not... it's love. I love him.

"The documents you asked for, Sir." He said, placing the documents in front of me while giving me a smile. His eyes were somehow seducing me. I just chuckled and shook my head.

"Thanks, oh and uhm... I married, in case you didn't know. I've seen you trying to seduce a lot of times, and I kept quiet. If you continue this shit, I'm gonna fire you without thinking twice. Leave my office." I said to him. He gulped and walked away as quickly as he could.

I know because I'm young, handsome, and rich, people expect me to be the type that is a cheater or something. But I'm not, I swear I have never looked at another guy after I knew Jimin. I saw him with his father at some business function, and I knew right then that he was the only person I wanted. So I went to his house and tried to talk to his parents, asking them to arrange a marriage between me and Jimin. They straight up refused. They didn't believe in arranged marriages, they said Jimin would grow up and find a man who is suitable for him and he who loves him. No matter how many times I begged, they never said yes. They told me I would marry Jimin over their dead bodies.... oh well... let's just say I wasn't about to let anything stand between me and Jimin. Not even his parents.

I remember how he was so traumatized and depressed after the whole ordeal. He couldn't speak to anyone. He was always crying. I tried to talk to him, but he would always shut me out. And probably a week after, this really huge mistake from my side happened. I left some pictures on my desk, pictures he was never meant to see, pictures of the accident, and confirmation of that Mr and Mrs Park were now dead. He went crazy after seeing that. I remember him yelling so much that I'm a monster, and he hates me. He wanted to get me arrested as well. After that, he locked himself in his room and drank a bunch of pills, trying to commit suicide.

I learned how weak and fragile Jimin is. He can't handle anything that's painful to him. He's very suicidal. So that's when I started injecting these drugs on him. They make him lose his memory. He couldn't remember a thing starting from after the funeral. Every time when he was confused and scared, I was always there to comfort him. I then started telling him that if he married me, he would have a family. And that our marriage was his parent's dying wish. I even got my mom to convince him, as much as she hated it. Jimin fell for it, he fell for me.