Chapter 5

3RD PERSON POV

The first week passed by very quickly for Jimin to even notice. But what he hated the most is the fact that days for Jaebeom's return were nearing. It pissed him off to the core. And as much as Jaebeom was absent, he called so often it felt like he was still next to Jimin. He often called to check what he was doing and who he was with. He wanted to know Jimin's every move.

This week, Jimin's in-laws were home. His father and mother in law. They didn't say it, but Jimin knew that they were just sent by Jaebeom to keep watching him. The smaller hated it. Yes, he got along with his in-laws at times. But he couldn't deny the fact that he had a monster for a mother in law. Jaebeom's mother was just as controlling as his son. He made Jimin work even when there was no need, I mean. For God's sake, they have helpers. Jimin doesn't have to do shit around that house.

"Jimin, please make me a cup of coffee." Jaebeom's mother said. She was sitting like a queen on the couch, watching TV and not moving an inch.

"Oh? Okay. I'll be right back, Mother." Jimin said as he stood up and walked to the kitchen.

When he got there, he huffed in annoyance as he grabbed the coffee mug and started making the damned coffee. The smaller was very careful and made sure to make it the way his mother in law liked it. That woman liked to complain a lot, so Jimin was just trying to avoid that.

He finished making coffee and carefully walked back to the lounge. He placed the coffee on the table.

"He's your coffee mother." The smaller said. Jaebeom's mother glanced at the mug and nodded. She didn't even bother to say thank you. She then took her coffee and started drinking it.

"Good, you made it exactly how I like it. So, tell me, you and Jaebeom, when are you having kids?"

Jimin froze as he heard that question. Of course, he was used to it. But it always came out as a joke. Right now, the smaller could tell that it was serious.

"Uhm... it's still early, Mother. Jaebeom and I can only adopt kids once we feel like we're both ready." The smaller explained, trying to sound as polite as possible.

"You have been married for four years. But you're not doing anything good to please this family. You're not working, you're not raising kids, you only spend my son's money." Jaebeom's mother spoke with a harsh voice. The smaller looked down and fiddled with his fingers. He couldn't defend himself and say that Jaebeom doesn't allow him to work. This monster in law wouldn't believe him anyway.

"Jaebeom is not ready for kids." The smaller man managed to let out those.

"How would you know if you're not giving him a kid?" The woman asked, Jimin sighed and looked down.

"I'll know once the way he treats me changes. Right now, he's not good to me, so how can he be good to our child?" The smaller enquired, almost raising his voice at the elder.

"You get to spend all his money. That means he's good to you. Now give him a real family, just like we gave you a family after your family died. Jimin, you should know that you're way below our standards as the Kang family. We only brought you here because my son insisted that he loves you. You should be grateful and pay him back with a baby." The woman said and took a sip of her very hot coffee.

Jimin still kept his head bowed down. He hated being reminded of how he is a nobody at this family. He hated it when they told him they only took him because of his family's death. He hated the fact that he was even married to this family. But what was he to do or say? He's stuck with Jaebeom and this family for life.

"My husband and I will discuss this alone, without the influence of family. So please don't put pressure on us, Ma'am." The smaller said, again trying to sound as polite as possible. Jaebeom's mother sighed and rolled her eyes. She still had a lot to say.