buck's panic attack

Buck wakes up in a panic. He looks around but can't focus. He had lost Bobby again. This happened a lot in his dreams. He called Bobby and Bobby stays on the phone tell he gets to the apartment. Then buck tells him the truth about what happened to Bobby in his coma.
------------------------------------------------------------

It had been a month since his coma. Almost every night he closes his eyes and has the same nightmare.

He loses Bobby. Or is told he loses Bobby. He feels the pain of his lungs not working anymore. He gasps and collapses then he wakes up.

Usually he can calm himself and just doesn't go back to sleep. He will just get ready for work and either sit outside the firehouse or go for a run.

This time however it was so early the moon was still out. Buck had woke up in cold sweat. He shot up his eyes opening but they are blurry.

He gasps and holds his chest the nightmare still fading from his vision.

When he can finally see again he reaches for his phone not even looking at the clock or windows.

He calls Bobby and with a shaking hand he holds it to his ear. He hears as it rings and feels his heart pouring in fear of him not answering.

After only two rings he hears the sleepy Bobby speak. "Buck? Are you ok?"

Buck is so overwhelmed he can't speak he makes a choking sound before he starts to sob.

Buck can hear rustling on the other side of the phone but he can't speak.

Bobby has gotten up the moment he heard the cry leave buck's body. He was getting dressed.

Athena came out and he gave a brief explanation and she just smiled. "Go papa bear" she says before patting his chest and going back to bed.

Bobby speaks into the phone again. "I'm coming buck. Stay on the phone tell I get there" Bobby said and buck makes a sniffling sound.

Bobby is sure he broke a few laws on the way but it's too late for any cops to be out and too early for traffic so he doesn't care.

He gets to the apartment and doesn't even bother with the elevator he runs up the stairs.

He makes it to bucks floor in record time. He uses his spare key. When buck moved in he gave one to Bobby and eddie.

Bobby opens the door and looks up seeing buck on the bed. He closes the door and rushes to him. He pulls buck into his arms and holds him.

Buck holds onto him so tightly Bobby is sure his knuckles are white. When buck finally calms down Bobby doesn't pull away.

"What happened?" Bobby asked because he had known something was up but it hadn't been this bad before.

Bobby noticed that buck went to work early and left as late as he could but he didn't know why.

"I.." Buck starts and has to take a deep breath.

"In my coma you died... I have nightmares of losing you again and again." Buck says and starts to cry again.

Bobby holds him tighter "I'm right here buck I'm not going anywhere. Call me anytime, I'll start coming to get you in the morning and take you to work. You can even come stay at the house I'm sure may and Harry would love to see you" Bobby says and buck looks suprised.

"Why?" Buck asks and Bobby knows it's because his biological parents never showed him love.

"Because your my kid and you matter" Bobby says and buck cries again.

When buck is fully calmed they go back to the grant-nash house. When they arive its about 6am.

They go inside quietly expecting everyone to be asleep but to their suprise the smell of coffee drafted from the kitchen

Athena being the worried mother and wife she is couldn't sleep so she stayed up and made them breakfast and coffee.

When the two walk into the kitchen Athena hugs buck. "Come on you two look like you would use some coffee and a good meal" she says and buck follows

He eats and she fussed over him like a mother would. Buck feels some of his inner child heal as he watches them talk.

Soon Harry and may wake up. They both greet buck like he was someone they saw everyday. They all ate like a family and buck felt better.

The next few days he stays at their house and slowly the nightmares disapear.