tsunami aftermath

One night buck wakes up panicked after having a nightmare about the water and losing chris. He hears the faint sound of his phone ringing. He reaches blindly for it and answers without looking. Only one person would ever call him this late "Hey eddie whats-" before be can respond he hears crying in the background.

"Buck where is my buck" It's Chris and he sounds panicked. Eddie can be heard trying to sooth him. He can hear eddie say something in Spanish but it doesn't help. Chris doesn't stop and buck is fully awake now his own nightmare forgotten.

"Eddie I'm on my way" he says and can hear the sigh of relief from his bestfriend. He would do anything for eddie or Chris so this wasn't a big deal.

He throws shoes on thankful he was still in clothes from before he passed out so he didn't have to do much before he was on his way. He had hung up with eddie even if he wanted to stay on.

He arived quickly and put his key into the hole unlocking it and going inside. The moment he is inside he can hear the screaming of his name and Eddie's shushing sounds.

He runs for Christopher's room and once he is inside he can see just what he had heard.

Eddie was there looking frantic like buck had never seen him before and chris was sobbing unconsolable. Buck instantly took Chris from Eddie's arms and the boy seemed to calm himself once he realized it was buck.

Chris clings to him and when eddie seems to realize buck was there he too begans to cry. Both Diaz boys hold onto buck as if he would disapear.

Buck wonders if they have the same nightmares each of their dreams a little different.

Buck let himself be held for a while as the two calm down. Buck looked at eddie and reaches out to run his hand through his hair "Let's take him to your bed we can all sleep together" he said and he can feel Chris nod.

"No more bad dreams?" the little boy asks and buck nods "no more bad dreams" he said and eddie seems hopeful with this statement.

Eddie slowly stands up still a little out of it from waking to his son screaming and then having cried. He stumbles carefully to his bedroom as buck follows close behind Chris never leaving his arms.

Once inside the bedroom buck lays Chris down in the middle of the bed the boy begins to whine but buck sooths him with a few words "just a second gotta get my shoes off" he then is slipping into Eddie's bed Chris cuddling up instantly.

If this had happened a year ago eddie would have felt like shit for the fact he couldn't sooth his own child but now? He knew just how much of a bond the two had and knew that this was something they went through together so they would need eachother to recover too.

Eddie feeling finally like he can relax for a few seconds slips into the bed on the other side.  He looks at buck over chris' head and feels the rest of his body relax.

Buck was here and alright. Seeing the look on his face buck reaches out taking Eddie's hand. "I've got you. Both of you" he says and eddie wants to reply wants to tell him how much that means but Chris beats him to it. "And we have you" he says and buck smiles.

That night they all sleep well. No memories or bad dreams just soundless sleep. The house is quiet as the three sleep together. It felt safe tucked away in Eddie's room under his blankets where the three slept.

For the next week buck stays at Eddie's every night. First eddie asks him to in case Chris wakes up then it's Chris because eddie woke up panicked and freaked Chris out, then it was buck who asked after he had one during a nap at work.

From then on they just agreed to stay together at Eddie's. If they slept in Eddie's bed together even when Chris would sleep in his own bed well then that was their buissness nobody else's.

They would recover together all three of them. Chris was doing better everyday he woke up with buck and eddie felt like he was too.

Buck and eddie were as close as ever and they didn't look so tired anymore. If the others noticed they didn't say anything even as they came into work and left together everyday.

Their family knew that they were recovering and if they needed eachother then the rest of them were just happy they had eachother and that they were looking better.