47__ Quests and Questions

Back in the pack house.
{Greenwood pack}

                            [Special chapter]

Third person's pov

"How was it even possible?" a tense voice broaches, voicing out the unanswered question swirling presently in everyone's head.

"This is literally a massacre, a murder mission!" Roland relays, chest tight with faustration and flummox.

"The real question is, by who and why?" Everest mumbles, a firm crease upon his face.

"Oh, don't be slow Everest, the pack guards and worriors were killed, the same time Khelani went missing... there has to be some kind of connection" Ambrose groans tiredly.

"One that is threatening. for if Khelani has escaped the dungeon, there's no telling she's raging in vengeance" Roland articulates.

Luna Annalise, who's been lost in her head since the beginning of this unannounced meeting, suddenly snaps as a result of the baseless conversation going on around her "We've been on this topic for three whole days" the room went silent as her voice slips out her throat. fierce and blind.

"Three whole days of going back and forth in this stupid game of quest and questions.. the pack meeting we held yesterday turned out ruinous. the pack members are seriously on edge and news have undoubtedly reached other borders and packs about this unfortunate event, this is presently our weakness. a huge weakness.. a park without worriors is deadmeat and from the vision i saw last night, we are soon to be loosing members because the pack isn't safe anymore. so, instead of sitting here and asking questions we have absolutely no answer to, why don't we try to get to the bottom of this. with our actions and less words" she pauses to glare at the men staring quietly at her with various emotions painted on their faces.

Her essence intimidating and pungent, hanging angrily in the air.

"I'm extremely sure we are treading right on the surface of danger and the worse path is that we do not have an alpha or Luna right now.. the rightful heir isn't interested in his heritage and the choosen heir is running away from the coronation topic.. everything is falling apart" her voice tones down a bit, taking an unpredicted turn of sadness.

"Everything we built is falling apart Ambrose" she whispers tearily and on Impulse, her mate rushes to her side, gathering her coaxingly into his arms.

Whispering sweet nothings into her ear, he draws comforting circle against the clothed skin of her spine as he witnesses a rare moment of a mental breakdown from his mate who had always seemed to have a way of holding things together.

A sudden rage of lightning, bolts mysteriously alongside her fierce cascade of emotions, in the warm sunny afternoon.
the sound of thunder resonating around the whole pack doesn't go unnoticed by the people in the meeting room, or the pack members, nor the enemies waiting for the perfect time to rise and strike the lost but found Voldemort..

For, you can never be too smart, nor can you hide from the consequences of your actions forever.

A worried look fleets across Ambrose face as he heard the raging heartbeat striking the cloud, but the need to comfort his mate overcomes his worries for the moment.