8__ Sporadic Thoughts

Kardi's pov..

I groggily open my eyes. noticing that my bones feels weak and my body, heavy. It feels like I got ran over by a truck running on full speed.

I groan as I try to sit up in vain.

I lay back down with a tired sigh, letting my eyes slowly adjust to the bright light in my room, I instantly shut my eyes close as a nagging headache hits me.

I slip out of consciousness again.

                                  ***

"Is he going to be okay?" I hear a clipped voice ask, instantly recognizing it as dad's voice.

"He's been unconscious for 24 hours. when is he going to wake up?" a more careful voice asks "I'm getting worried, Doctor lynx!" Mom adds.

"There's no need to worry, Mrs Romanoff! Kardi's unconsciousness is an influence of his wolf's weakness. The concoction I gave him, should be enough to suppress his pain and empower his human body, he should be awake anytime soon!" Mr lynx enroaches and I frown.

Doc lynx has been our family doctor since forever and we all trust his judgement - well, I pretend to, even though I have no reason to - he's one of the wolf doctor from a nearby pack that I don't care about and can't remember the name of, but he's able to come treat us if we need him. Thus, he's trusted, but my wolf's weakness? What is wrong with Ace and why is he weak?

My thoughts races sporadically,  constructing a wave of laborious migraine for me.

I groan in pain, moving around a little to feel my stoic arms and body, effectively getting all of their attention.

I hear a dramatic gasp "it's awake! Look, It's moving" I adjust my eyes slowly to the light in my room before glaring at Khloe just in time for her mate to give her a loud smack on her ass.

"Ouch!"

Good!

"Oh, my baby boy! my cute little thing. how are you feeling sweetheart? Do you feel pain anywhere? Need anything? Water? Juice? Food?" My mom rushes out, coming to seat at the edge of the bed.

I close my eyes and shake my head as lynx began arranging his shit. He gives me a warm smile and a nod to which I glared at as I tried to seat up the bed "water!" I choke out.

Mom mutters an "okay, honey" before literally floating out the room in search of water.

"I'd advice you lay down for now, your body must still feel sour and exhausted, so tryi_"

"Shut it! I'd do what I want!" I snap with a cracking voice. Rudely cutting lynx off as i try one more time to seat up in vain. I groan, giving up and glaring at him in disdain.

Dad instantly glares at me disapprovingly as Sia says "I don't think that's a nice thing to say to someone who helped you heal, Kardi! Ever thought of the word Thank you?" I look at her, gaping in shock at her. I'm shocked that Sia could say something like that to me or anyone at all. She is the calmest and nicest after Kira, after all.

The hell has gotten into her?

Speaking of Kira, I ignore Dad and lynx leaving the room as I turned to my sister and her mate "where's Kira?" I ask, finally succeeding on seating up on the bed, amidst the stiffness in my body.

What the hell happened to me?

"Where else? She's with her mate!!" Khloe answers nonchalantly and I'm left to gape again.

Mate?

I'm surprised and confused that Kira found her mate and I knew nothing about it but I'm also concerned about the fact that the word 'mate' is causing me more migraine and a fuzzy mind.