25__ woosh-woosh

Kardi's pov

"Dad?" I groan softly as i sit up on the hospital bed. I've been awake for a few hours now, I been staring at my sleeping mate and my muscles are getting sore from laying on one side unmovingly. dad immediately jolts up from his sleeping position once he heard my voice, raking his eyes over my body worriedly for any sign of hurt before sighing in relief, his tense shoulders slumping softly as he sat back down on his seat.

"Kardi? go back to sleep, son! rest some more!" Dad lulls softly, planting a chaste kiss to my forehead, but I shake my head slowly, disagreeing with his nonsense.

"Where's mom?" I ask with a tilt of my head, shaking my wild, overgrown hair out of my face.

I spit a piece of hair out of my mouth as dad stares at me uncertainly "she's being taken care of! Ambrose wasn't pleased with the fact that she was threatening and saying rubbish to his son's mate, thus, he locked her up in his dungeon. He was so mad he would have kicked her out of the pack with serious punishments if I hadn't suggest we chain her to the dungeon Instead" he explains gloomily and I just stare at him with a raised eyebrow. "I'm sorry about what she did to you, son. I'm sorry about what she said. nobody is allowed to raise a finger or threaten the only son of Everest Romanoff, not even your biological mother" he concludes with a determined aura and I sigh, nodding in understanding.

Surprisingly, I don't feel shit about it.

Why am I so nonchalant about it?

No, I know the answer, it's because she.. my own fucking mother, almost killed me.

What for?

I don't know! But whatever the reason may be, she may be my mother, but that doesn't give her any right to try to hurt or even think about killing 'The Kardian Romanoff'

I do recall what mom did to me - holding a knife to my neck and threatening my existence - I don't remember what lead to it though, I don't recall how, why and what she said to me before threatening me with a knife, but I'm weirdly calm and less stressed about the fact that she's locked up in a dungeon, if anything.. I'm glad she's away from me.

I don't know what got into her, and though I'd get my answers once I'm fit, I'd rather not see her before then.

"Why did she try to kill me though? what did I do to mummy?" I ask dad. My voice toned to a whisper as i try but fail at tying my hair up in a bun.

I drop my hands down defeatedly until dad smiles unsurely, but stands up to reach for my hair. he gently weaves his fingers through my thick hair, caressing it softly before pulling it up in a messy bun.

I frown, shaking my head off his hold.

Okay, that's a first!

Dad is acting strange!

"Y.. you don't remember?" He asks in a small quivering voice and I raise an eyebrow. his face is hidden away from me as I try to glance up at him to gauge his expression and figure out the reason behind his shaky voice.

"I only remember when she almost killed me, every other thing is a blur.." I explain with as shrug as dad seats back on his seat, staring at me with wide frantic eyes as he holds both my hands. "but I don't care though, she's away from me now, I wouldn't have to be scared of that repeating itself once again, right dad?" I ask, cocking an eyebrow at his silence.

He clears his throat as he notices my pointed stare "y..yes, yes, she won't bother you again! And once you are healthy enough to, we'd both go to dungeon to pay her a visit" he tells me before adding under his breath, probably not meaning for me to hear, but I did anyway "something is fishy about her actions and I'd be damned to not find out"