Ch.37 Mornings

No amount of school work is gonna kill me.

-Lunaria, current survivor.

1800+words

Pap ch 37

NK stood at the kitchen, staring down at the ingredients he'd laid down. He said he would make some snacks but all he's got are ingredients for bihon… Bihon is not a snack, definitely not a midnight snack.

Oh well, since when did Pinoys care anyway? They eat what they want in weird hours. He saw Phil eat an entire breakfast meal for lunch hundreds of times so his parents probably won't care for the time as well.

As he got to work, he heard the sounds of yelling from the living room. He sighs, these Filipinos, can't they talk without yelling? Or is yelling just their default voice?

—___________________–

Mindanao slammed his hands on the coffee table. “YOU'RE ALIVE???! HOW???!”

“They didn't give us a proper explanation,” Del shrugged.

“And you just accepted that???”

“Well what am I gonna do, tito?" Del crossed his arms, complain about being alive?”

“Fair enough,” Mindanao shrugged.

Baguio shifted in his seat. “Ummm… tito Mindao? Why am I still here?”

“Who is this young man?” Perla asked.

“This is Baguio.” Mindanao placed an arm on Baguio’s shoulder. Pulling him close. “He's one of Luzon’s umm… children? At least we think he's Luzon’s.”

Baguio gave him the side-eye.

“Doesn't really matter,” Mindanao shrugged, “he's got Pinoy blood.”

Baguio sighed, “you wanna know what matters?”

“What?”

“Oh I don't know,” Baguio rolled his eyes. “Maybe the dead family members and the Third freaking Reich in front of us?!” He gestured towards them.

Reich tensed, pointing at himself. “I can leave if you want me to...” he starts getting up but Perla pulled him back onto his seat.

“Stay sweetheart,” Perla says.

“Okay.”

“Can we get back on topic?” Del suddenly spoke up.

“Was there even a topic in the first place?” Said Martial.

They all stared at each other in awkward silence, thinking about what to do next.

The silence was broken by North, coming out of the kitchen with a pink apron and a big plate of bihon. “Can you guys just be happy?” He asked as he put the plate down on the table. “What's the point in learning how it happened? Just be happy to see each other again.”

They all looked back at each other. They shrugged. “That's true,” Mindanao said as he stood up, he walked towards Kati, arms wide. “I missed you kuya.”

Kati sighed and happily hugged him. “I missed you too, bunso…”

“See?” North gestures to them. “Isn't this easier?”

“But the Third Reich!” Baguio exclaimed. “Why is he here???”

“Why are you so shocked?” North put his hands on his hips. “It's not the first time Phil took someone with a problematic backstory home,” he says as he gestures to himself.