Ch 29. A new kind of drama

Pap 29

A slight pang of jealousy pierces Phil’s chest as he watches the heartwarming scene in front of him. He sighs. Would his parents be in this hallucination too?

He doesn't know how to feel about that thought.

He would love to see them again, but he doesn't think he can handle the pain and longing once he wakes up from this daydream.

A tap on the shoulder snaps him out of his thoughts. “Yes?”

“Your friends ran,” said Reich, pointing towards where they went. “They're probably gonna tell everyone about this.” He sighs. “Are you going to run too?” He asks.

Phil shakes his head. “Nah.”

Reich raises a brow. “Why? You should be scared of us.”

Phil retorts, “I'm way over being scared; you're not going to kill me anyway.” He looks back at Russia and Soviet. “We should probably give those two some space,” he says as he starts walking back to the building.

“Wait up!” Reich yells and runs after Phil. “Can we come with you? I'm bored, and I can tell” — he looks Phil up and down — “you're going to have a lot of drama to entertain me with.”

Phil scoffs and grins. “Oh yeah? You think my dead relatives would show up?”

Reich smirks. “Of course. How many dead ones do you have?”

Phil stops walking and turns to Reich with a grin. “My entire family.”

“Oh,” Reich blinks. Should he feel sorry for this kid? But it seemed like they died a long time ago, so it's probably not a big deal. He chuckles, “well, it's going to be a big DRAMATIC mess then.” He smirks. “Do you have a camera? I'd like to record everything and watch it like a Telenovela.”

Phil reaches for his pocket. “You mean a cellphone?” He takes out his phone. “Yeah, here,” he puts it in Reich’s hand.

Reich stares at the phone in confusion. He picks it up with his other hand. “What is…this?”

“A cellphone?” Phil says, confused. Damn, this was a really good hallucination. How did his brain make this person seem like someone who didn't get to see phones get invented?

Phil shakes his head. Oh well. “Here,” he takes the phone from Reich, opens the camera app, and puts it on video. “There,” he gives it back to Reich. “It's already recording so you don't have to touch anything.”

“Ohhhhhh,” Reich's eyes widen. “It's in color!”

“Yup.”

Phil wonders how far he can take things before this hallucination breaks.

“So you're the actual Third Reich?” He asks as they enter the building.

“Yes,” said Reich as he moves the camera in different angles.

Phil hums. “That's a mouthful.” He scratches his chin, thinking… “oh!” He perks up and snaps his fingers, catching Reich's attention. “THIRDY!”

“What?” Reich asks, confused.

“THIRDY! I'm calling you thirdy from now on.”

“Why?” Reich tilts his head. “Reich or Rei would be fine.”

“Yeah, but Thirdy is cuter,” Phil shrugs.

Reic-THIRDY lowers the phone and stares at Phil with wide eyes, head tilted. “I'm not known for being cute.”

Phil stares at him with a deadpan expression. “Please rethink that sentence the next time you look in a mirror.”

Phil's eyes scan the crowd. A familiar tan-ish color greets his eyes, and he freezes in place.

 A familiar tan-ish color greets his eyes, and he freezes in place

(This is a pic from the Q&A comic, still in progress)

“What's wrong?” Reich asks.

“No way… please no…” Phil mutters under his breath.

Reich, confused, stood on tiptoes to see over the crowd better. He grabbed onto Phil's arm for balance. He followed the other's gaze and saw a beautiful woman, tan/cream-colored flag with a pearl in the center.

He got down, stared at Phil, glanced in the woman's direction, then back at Phil.

A bubble of excitement rose in his chest. He brought the camera up again. Oh boy.

_______________________
ALL ART BY ME.

YOU: isn't it weird to enjoy watching other peoples drama?

THIRDY:

SOME CONCERNED PERSON:

"Lunaria we really need to talk about your problem with making dangerous characters look cute"

ME:

"NO."