3 ~ Engagement

Idhalya pov :

My life turns into complete mess in a week . I don't know , it's for good or bad .

" Everything happens for a good reason . So trust me , this marriage will give you an immense of happiness . " Dadi's words .

She is the reason today I am alive . She gave me the reason to live . Nothing is comparable to what she does to me . She is my another mother .

I can't stand against her decision . Then how can I say no to her only one wish which she asked in return to me .

" Do you marry my grandson ? "

I was shocked and nervous . I didn't expect that from dadi . I don't know what to say either .

" Dadi , I am not right for your grandson . You are the people like god and goddess , who protect and save the people like me .   I am just a normal person . "

This was the first thing came in my mind . I am not right for Malhotra family . I can't desire to be one of them as just because they are protecting me .

I will even give my life for them but it's like a strain to enter into those pure family . Because I am complete mess , I am broken , I am not well educated , I am not equal to them at any way .

" Yes bachhi , you are right .  I want to ...  protect you . You are the treasure I can't loose . I want you to marry my grandson because I choose you . I trust you . "

" I am sorry dadi , but I don't deserve him , she will marry some girl who truly deserves him and give him everything. "

" Idhalya , You both deserve each other . You can give lots of happiness, love , affection, everything to my grandson and my family . I trust you . I just want you to be my family. "

Her words just Pierce my heart . I don't deserve this love . What am I did to have this lots of love ? My eyes burst into cries .

Dadi came forward to hug me .

" Idhalya , you don't need to cry . "

" No dadi , you have done lots of things to me already . How could I fulfill my debt to you ?"

" By marrying my grandson . "

" Dadi ! What if he don't like me ? What if he hate me ? What if ... "

" Please beta , I assure you , he will love you . He will give you lots of happiness . I know it take time, but I am sure , your affection will make him fall in love with you . "

I couldn't say anything to her . She trust me that I can give them everything what she expects .

She never asked me anything before. For the first time she asks me one thing . To marry her grandson .

I don't know who he is . I don't know whether he likes me or not . I don't know whether he accepts me or not .

But I know one thing . I can't break the trust, dadi has on me. 

" I am ready for the marriage dadi "

I don't know how those words came from my mouth . Dadi wrapped me in a most warm hug . She is the home to me , always . Now , I am going to be her family .

I don't know whether to be happy or regret . Happy about for having the one who truly cares about me . Regret for being burden for the same person .

" I am so happy, mere bachhi " .

Te very next day , dadi came to announce my wedding date . I was shocked to hear the date . Less than a week .

Dadi told me that it has to be very confidential , for my safety. And I can understand that .