chapter 59 bollywood diamond

Start from the beginning

Durgy rushed down the stairs and burst out the window and lead to the garage outside, where she stopped, Steven and Connie confusedly got off her, "this isn't India", Steven huffed, "durgy what's going on today", "maybe somethings in the garage?", Connie suggested, "your mum said she likes things from India right? Maybe she's got old stuff there?", Steven agreed and they both opened the door and where met by a truly odd sight.

Lapis, pearl, holly blue agate and blue diamond all stood in the garage dressed up, blue was in a saree, it was draped over her head as a hood and she wore bangles, lapis was dressed the same as usual besides cheap yellow sandals and jeans under her dress, pearl was wearing a blue sun dress and holly blue agate was wearing jeans, a blue t shirt with "I love my diamond", written in pen on it and a jacket. Blue diamond checked on each gem's outfit, "okay guys we all look good, lapis you're naturally perfect, pearl, you look good! Holly blue...erm its, unique", blue stood in front of them and took out a radio.

"so first I'll do a performance then all of us will sing and dance to a kpop song, then we take turns showing off!", lapis raised her hand, "yes lapis?", "what song are we all singing together", everyone looked at her in shock, everyone else had been practising all day, "a kpop song as we are a girl group, it will be tell me by wondergirls AND IM DOING THE RAP PART!", pearl sighed, she had been practising that part and blue knew it, Steven and Connie secretly watched on in confusion and embarrassment. "Why can't we do another kpop song you always do this one My diamond", pearl said, blue gave her the death stare, "and what song would you choose?", she asked pearl, "well", pearl became very nervous as blue watched her, "how about a song by blackpink or seeya-", "HOW DARE YOU MENTION THE NAME OF THAT EVIL GROUP!", blue shrieked, running to the radio and starting her song, "NO MORE DISTRACTIONS LET'S START AND PEARL NEVER MENTION THAT DAMN GROUP AGAIN!", pearl quietly nodded while blue prepared herself for the dance battle.

"Alright everyone! My start!", blue proclaimed, playing the bollywood song "main Teri dushuman dushuman tu mera", a song about a naagin, (snake monster that can turn into a person) and a snake charmer, the dance is very famous. She proceeded to roll on the floor like a snake, with her hands above her head trying to symbolise a cobra while badly singing along, Steven covered his face In his hands. "Oh god she's doing this again", he said, trying to look away, "she's done this before?,", connie said, trying to hide her laughter, " I once heard a rumour a bride divorced on her wedding day after he new husband did it, its the only bollywood dance I know, that seems for the best, bollywood seems cringe"-, "PEARL WAS THAT YOU!?", blue screeched, getting off the floor, "I SWEAR I HEARD SOMEONE INSULT THE GREATEST MOVIE GENRE OF ALL TIME!", the blue gems looked around at eachother nervously until, "it was us", Steven admitted, him and Connie revealing themselves.

"Mum what the heck are you doing!?", Steven yelled at her, the other gems stared back at him shocked, "I'm making a girl group! I have potential in the bollywood and kpop industry you know!", pearl tried to hide her cringe while lapis covered her mouth to hide her laughter. "Connie, do you like kpop?", blue asked her, she already knew as she read her thoughts and heard all the questions she'd ask Steven about korea, "of course!", Connie excitedly said, "can you please do this performance with us?", blue asked her, Connie quickly ran next to the other gems and joined their group, Steven cringed but stayed to watch. Blue put the radio on a countdown before the music starts, "remember everyone! I have the rap part!", she called to them, everyone nodded, Connie didn't know what song to expect but when it started playing Connie and everyone else was probably thinking, "damn her! The rap is the best part!".

The performance quickly devolved into blue diamond being the only one who actually sung while everyone else was just the background voices singing "tell me tell me", it was hell to watch, Steven had never felt so much cringe, he just tried to focus only on Connie, who despite the situation and blue's insane rules did the best and was quite impressive since she was forced into the group seconds before the performance.

After the kpop song was over the door burst open, revealing doug, who was also dressed up "when are we doing our love song performance blue-CONNIE!? what's she doing here!?", he yelped, jumping back, "dad!?", Connie cried, blue awkwardly looked at the both of them and took some steps back before pearl pulled her back to he in-between them. "Are you also taking dance lessons from blue?", doug asked connie, "you are!?", she yelled, so shocked she couldn't hide it, almost right after, Greg slammed open the door, "blue-blue...", he sighed, before yelling as loud as he could, "FOR THE LAST TIME YOU ARE NOT AN IDOL! YOU'RE NOT A KPOP GIRL GROUP LEADER OR A BOLLYWOOD STAR, OR A JPOP IDOL!", everyone looked back at blue, who bowed her head to Greg, "I'm sorry...", she mumbled, Greg rolled his eyes, "then why do you keep doing this".

"Because, I have a bollywood addiction", blue confessed, dramatically falling to her knees, "and only Mr universe can save me!", lapis snickered and greg rolled his eyes again, Steven face palmed and for once holly blue agate didn't find any way to turn this situation into blind praise for blue diamond. "Oh greg...mera pyaar (my love)", blue dramatically said, speaking hindi and grabbing his leg, "save meeeee", she proceeded to roll around on the floor again, acting ridiculous. "Blue, you're hilarious", doug laughed, "you're like beach city's madhuri dixit", blue jumped off the floor and immediately ran to doug and shook his hands.

"Me?! The madhuri dixit! Oh my! Thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you!", blue shook dougs hands so much they nearly fell off, "I don't know who that is but I think he's lying to you", Greg joked, blue didn't listen she started speaking to doug in hindi about her love for the actress and how much she inspired her and how she loved all movies she's in, Steven had to translate it was very awkward. Blue started jumping up and down and hugging doug, lapis had never seen her so happy, "my diamond, you look so cute like this", she told blue, who was still praising madhuri. "My diamond", pearl said, nudging, blue, "someone else is here", a car pulled up outside and Connie's mother stepped out.

"Doug? Blue?, there you two are! I heard you wanted to watch old movies with him", she said, coming into the garage, "Mrs maheswaran! Your husband said I'm like madhuri dixit is that true?", blue asked her, still very excited, Connie's mothers face obviously read that she didn't think so but blue didn't see it, she just waited for an answer with a big smile on her face. "Yes you are!", priyanka said, trying to do the fakest voice ever, "dhanyavad! (Thank you)", blue said, jumping up again. "She thinks your mum is stupid", Connie whispered to steven, "she is", Steven replied, making them both giggle.