Chapter 33

Ishita

Overthinking will ruin me someday. I groaned and headed to sit in his car. The presence of someone following my trail made me turn my body almost immediately, it was Hardy. 

He scratched his eyebrows in bafflement as if he didn't know how to approach a particular subject. That's a different thing after the show we threw for everyone here gave me an angle to see what he wanted from me now. 

“What do you want, Hardy?” I inquired directly. I can't wait for him to get started on whatever topic he came up here with. 

“Where are you going to live?” Not a question I was prepared for. 

“Damien’s house, where else, Hardy?” A duh sigh escaped my lips as I narrowed my eyes at him. 

“After all this fight I won't suggest you return to that haunted house at all.” His arguments were so convincing that I couldn’t keep myself from agreeing. 

“You are right, but as you can see, I got no other place.” I was indeed honest here. After everything, returning to live with Ravi would be nothing but a nightmare. I can't tolerate it. 

“You can always stay with me.” I held the urge to raise my eyebrows at his offer. I knew he wanted to get closer to me, what I didn’t know was that he can go to any length for that. Because I am damn certain, he just doesn’t wanna help, he has other plans too. Tho, a few days with him won’t harm me. Judging the situation right now, there’s also no way for Damien to get out of jail anytime soon. 

“Okay.” I plainly nodded. Letting him lead me away from here. We shortly reached his home. It was a two story row house and his neighborhood was quite peaceful. I could see little kids playing across his parents and hear birds chirping loudly. It's opposite the area I had lived in the past few months.

Hardy guided me inside his home, it was simple and cozy, he seems to be a minimalist kind of person. Once he showed me one of the guests' rooms and I settled myself on the edge of his bed, he spoke,  “Well, I hope this room will be comfortable for Nia, when are you bringing her here?” 

I tossed my bag aside and looked at him with keeping my hands on my hips’ cheek, “Yes. She’s with Bonnie right now, I’ll bring her in the morning,” 

“Yes, that would be amazing.” He says, “You take your rest and I’ll take my leave,” He said and left the room with a sigh and like he really wanted to give me some privacy and time to process, I wish I could talk to Damien for a minute. 

As I decided to freshen up first and take a look around. The next few days went in   a matter of few seconds, I just brought Nia here and helped my new house owner with his household chores. I wasn't surprised to see Hardy is treating me so well, however there was something about his nature I can't figure out. He was hiding something from me.