Chapter 31

CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

Like hell, I’ll believe all the accusations they have thrown at me. Even though those accusations might be true,  but absolutely no way on earth I am going to admit them as mistakes or crimes. 

Publishing the criminals is called serving justice, in case they have forgotten it. But this isn't about the people who have been killed by my hands,  it's about one living person who goes by the name ‘Mrs. Wlyder’ 

Hardy wants her. Her brother-in-law wants her. I want her too. The difference between the three of us is that she only wants me despite all the odds. Hitting where it hurts has always been my style. Only if I knew it would damage their ego real good that they could go to any extent to separate me from my lover and mother of my future kids. 

I am not worried about them trying to steal her away from me,  I am finding it hilarious at their attempts and the thought that they can gain a victory against me. Not when I am their opponent. 

So, with her head pressed on top of my shoulder as her both arms grasped mine and she looked dead around at the so-called cops holding us here in the police station says how much she is bored. The looks I’ve received from them is enough to tell me how much they are despising it. Besides, where is the main antagonist? Hardy has always been the reason behind my presence in his second home aka police station. 

And his absence doesn't feel right. 

“Ishita?” Here comes Mrs. Rane. I can never comprehend why she never leaves her daughter alone, especially that she is married to me now. “Ishita?” She called again. My wife instantly lifted her head and met my eyes. 

“Is that my mother?” she asked me. 

“Nope. Second Sania of your home.” She slapped the back of my hand at my joke and got up to find her mother. I wasn't entirely joking, was I? 

“Maa. What's going on?” She says as her mother shows up in one of the Indian attire which I love when Ishita wears it while twinning with those golden jewelry I bought for her. 

“Thank God. You are safe. I was dead worried about you.” She replied, faking her concern with her eyes meeting mine, all the emotions she could fake turned into a pure loathe for me, “This criminal ...Why are you still with him?! He can harm you, he is a murderer!”

“Nice to meet you too.” I smiled at my melodramatic mother in law. But she flinched back and immediately averted her accusing gazes off me. I mean, a tight lip smile, my yellow eyes staring daggers into her corrupted soul with my feet tapping slowly against the floor as an indication of how much it is taking me to hold myself back at her rude behavior when I am trying to do nothing but nice to them, it shouldn't be that scary,  right? 

“Maa, stop it, please. You all have no proof,” Now it is why I love Ishita. This girl stands with me when the whole ass world is against me despite all of my flaws. 

“Proof? Do Criminals leave behind any proof of their crime? Please, Ishita, you are smart enough to know this. I know Sania was a bit mean to you, but however she was, she was your sister.” She purposely grabs Ishita’s hands and squeezes them hard to show her those fake emotions bubbling into her mind. 

Ishita looks disturbed by this. No matter how much she doesn't like this kind of blackmailing drama, it is something she has faced since her childhood and suddenly disobeying the people who calls themselves her family is fucking difficult. 

“Please, Ma… you know I can't-”

“Shhh. I know he has a high influence on you, we shouldn't talk in front of him.” 

If I roll my eyes at that stupid statement, will it make me look like a child? Then I am better off being a child if being an adult means brainwashing your child against their partner. At least, she agrees I have influence on Ishita. 

Ishita scratched her head in irritation as she sighed, “Where’s Baba? Doesn't he have accusations for his son-in-law too? Or it's just you who can't rest. ”

I caught her hand midway before it slams on my wife’s cheeks. I ain't allowing any fucking body to touch her without her or mine permission,  even if they are her family. And as always, my grip been tighter and my mother in law struggled to free herself off me,  “I can tolerate anything but not misbheave with my wife, hope you fix that into your thick skull, Mrs. Rane.” 

“I can put you behind the bars for hurting a woman.” I am so familiar with these empty threats that it just makes me chuckle whenever I hear them. 

I leaned down to her height, muttering right into her ear, “Twenty five murders and they still couldn't trace out a shit, what makes you think you can put me behind the bar?”

Her eyes got windended as if she saw a ghost, all the color of her face drained away while she took her time to process my words,  once she recovered from the small haze, she finally said, “Ishita, did you hear him, he just confessed-Oh My God!”

“I know, Ma.” Then her honest statement put her in another state of shock, “Damien, it's enough.” She told me. 

I dilebrately nodded, however, I wasn't done talking to my mother in law yet, “Whatever issues you’ve it should be with me, not with her, don't drag her into your dirty games. I know what you all are up to,  and believe me, if it caused her any harm, I’ll personally deliver the dead body of Hardy and yours to India. Although, ain't Mr. Rane smart? He didn't get involved into the shit, since he was well aware of the fact that you are being nothing but selfish to your younger daughter.” 

It was a moment, she had that look that says I caught her red handed stealing around. It was written over her features that I had connected the lines from the dots of their failed plan and how they wants to trap me in it. They won't succeed at any cost. 

I straightened up, putting up a fair smile onto my lips when I saw who decided to bless us with his presence, “What's going on here? Mrs. Rane, are you okay? Why are you looking scared?” Hardy asked her, slightly shaking her shoulder to snap her out of the fear. 

He knew why and whom she was scared of, but every admittance by them was a trick to prepare high charges against me. I mean why not? Try everything you have. And still it will get you nowhere. 

“I am fine-” She gluped and took a few steps off me. 

“Alright. I need to interrogate both of you separately, so let's start with you, Ishita?” He spoke, giving her one of his ‘Please help me look’

“Mrs. Wylder, she’s my wife, please have some respect for her, officer.” I corrected him. He shot me his best dead glare. He hated me, but what he hated the most was attaching my last name with hers. It was a satisfying moment.

“Follow me, Mrs. Wylder.” He swiftly walked off, not choosing to converse with me. Very well. Ishita gave me a worried look, I just blinked at her to be relaxed. What could go wrong anyway? 

 What could go wrong anyway? 

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Word count-128

2