Chapter 30

CHAPTER THIRTY

CHAPTER THIRTY

"Run away as soon as you can, take Nia with you.” The look she got from me made her wrinkled face scrunched up as she uttered those words.

“Bullshit. You guys have no proof. I won't leave him no matter what.” I said and walked away, she tried to get a hold of my hand but my walking speed helped me get rid of her faster than I assumed, however, it wasn't because of that anyway. Damien was a few inches away from me in another section, checking out men's perfumes. All the people that had vanished from my sight reappeared around us.

“Damien?” He turns to me.

“Hey, babe,” his eyes moved at my empty cart, “What? You didn't buy anything?”

“No…can we go home, please?” He didn't ask, putting a hand across my waist, he proceeded to lead me to the exit door. He paid for the small things he got for our daughter Nia in the meantime and we drove back home. The ride was silent, although my quietness didn't seem to bother him at all, he was humming the lyrics of some songs I had no clue of.

“Did your mother ruin your mood this bad?” He asks as we got inside the living room.

With an arched brow, I replied. “You saw it?”

“That she accused me of kidnapping your sister? Yes,” His admission was the second thing that left me off guard. He was with me even when I couldn't see it. Whether to feel safe about it or creepy, I can't pinpoint just now. Because all I was left with was a question.

“Where's she then?” 

“I am not sure. I signed off some of my wealth in her name and she is gone.” He answered, pouring a glass of water for both of us. He was nonchalant as if it was no big deal.

I expect nothing from my sister anyway. She is a useless being. Greed and lust is all she has. But where would she have gone? And why should it concern me? She must be enjoying her money. Besides, my family always had an issue with my husband and the craziest way he chose to marry me is probably the reason for them to get revenge.

Now that her words weren't making sense to me anymore, I sighed, “Alright. Let's not talk about that.” I got up and let my hands snake his neck.

He bent to my height as he sucked my lips with his as softly as he could, his one hand ran down to my butt cheeks. I was aware of his next moves and I was ready for it but then, both of us stopped when the doorbell got our attention.

We both groaned together and I headed to check who's on the door. I froze in my state when I glimpsed at the cops standing there, “Officers?”

“Mrs. Wylder, I believe,” I only nodded to him, “We are looking for Mr. Damien Wylder,” Before I could turn and give my husband a call, his huge presence was already behind my small frame.

“What do you want?” Damien, as expected, was straightforward to get on point.

Normally, it's Hardy, the one in charge of this area that comes under his police surveillance. Nonetheless, he was nowhere to be seen right now If he needed to talk to us.

“We have your arrest warrant, Sir. We are expecting you to come with us voluntarily.” One of those cops said, which I could sense is their senior. 

“Care to tell me my crime first.” Damien replied. He beckoned me with his hand to step away and let him handle the matter. I stood silently to process what new problem was awaiting us.

“Your mother-in-law, Mrs. Rane has filed a complaint against you and they have a suspicion that you have hands in kidnapping their eldest daughter,” 

I shared a bored look with my husband. We both knew where this would go and how. I stepped forward since it was about my sister, “You can't arrest my husband on the basis of a suspicion,”

“That's right. But you both will have to come with us to the police Station right away.” 

Last Chapter word count-763Current word count-703

Current word count-703

I know these aren't the long updates but I gotta post at least once in a week for the sake of Wattpad or I might lose my contract. But sadly since I am starting to get anxiety attacks after my breakup, I am not in a good mental health to give long updates, but I guess next update will decide the fate of this book. Honestly, I am devastated and crying inwardly *Sad smiles* See ya guysss