Chapter 11

CHAPTER ELEVEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN

The evening returned quicker than I anticipated, the rest of my time was spent laboriously occupied with work, and no tension lurking around this time. I was learning how to work better again under pressure which was a good thing. I almost forgot how it feels to be exhausted by doing something that helps you financially and makes you feel alive at the same time.

“Ishita?” Hardy’s sudden voice met my ears.

After he went back to his job, we haven’t seen each other since then. I didn’t expect to see him here either, I turned and took a look at him, he was still in his uniform, just complete energy exhaustion was over his expression, “Hardy? What are you doing here? Ain’t you should be at home right now?”

“I came to both check on you and drop you back home,” He says, somewhat giving me a sincere smile that eased my tiredness.

“That’s very thoughtful of you but Hardy, you are aware how far I actually live, the drive there will drain you even more,” I said, having no intention of troubling him for my concerns.

“It won’t once I am assured you have safely reached your place, it will bring back my relief,” He explained leaving no room for further discussion. I told him to wait outside while I went to collect my bag from the locker and headed out.

“Let’s g-” I stopped midway, noticing he was staring aimlessly in the distance with his eyes flickering pure hatred and agony. I didn’t understand why until I decided to follow his sight and my breath hiked when I saw Damien’s car parked on the other side of the street. My heart was flattered by the thought that he is here to pick me up which I didn’t expect at all. I contained my happy smile by biting the corners of my lips while looking at my hands.

“Did you think about what I said to you in the morning?” Hardy questioned, coldly.

“Not yet,” I simply replied.

“Do consider,” He said, taking a strong grip on my arm, he added, “On a serious note, be careful around him,” Before he let me go. A part of me wanted to run toward Damien but I restricted myself and continued walking, just a bit faster. I was clueless why my heart was racing against my chest. Was it because despite what happened between us in the morning he was here for me? 

I knocked on the window to let him know about my presence first before I opened the door and sat inside happily like a little girl whose father came to pick her up from school in his vehicle whereas other kids were going through boring school bus, I am not sure how to express it exactly because both contexts are different but at the moment, I least cared about it cos I was on the cloud nine.

“Damien, thank you for coming here,” I beamed at him.

“Bold of you to assume I am here to pick you up,” He said, leaving me stunned and hurt at his sentence.