Chapter 20

CHAPTER TWENTY

CHAPTER TWENTY

Arguing and Ignoring were the two most commonly used words in my dictionary when it came down to Damien, especially the second one in the past couple of weeks.

I have been doing nothing but ignoring him, avoiding him in his own home. If he comes to see me at my workplace, I tend to act busier all of a sudden.

These acts of mine aren't something he isn't aware of or he can't guess how hard I am trying to not have the conversation. He hasn't limited me by giving me a specific time I need to answer him about his marriage proposal. In fact, I walked past him that night and never turned around to see how much I was hurting both of us in the process.

But I don't wanna push my luck and see how far I can run away from this situation, someday or another, I'll have to face him. I can turn down his proposal, just a question pops up in my mind, is it what I want? Will I regret my decision?

Am I really turning blind eye to my feelings as he says? Am I doing wrong to myself?
I closed my eyes and I still can feel the sensation between my thighs as if he was right here pleasuring me, loving me. I could sense his tongue entering me taking me out of my own body. Owning every inch of mine like it belongs to him.

I am a virgin and this is closest to love and sex I have ever felt. If it is lust, Damien isn't stupid to ask me to marry him, but he also never framed his emotions to me so I can understand his side. Just by having a strong connection and undeniable bond amidst us isn't enough. His actions are confusing and mysterious.

I need a clear picture of what is going inside his head.

And I surely can't do it by thinking, I need to walk up and talk out.

"Come on, don't be an ass," Came Bonnie's voice from the other side of the door. I got up on my elbow to confirm whether it is her or I am imagining things early in the morning after forcing myself to stay awake the whole night to find the answer.

"Do as you please," Sania said to her.

Then the door knob twisted and entered the cheerful brunette, "I see you are already awake,"

"Good morning," I greeted, falling back onto my pillows.

"Oh come on, sleepy head I have some plans for girls night and you are invited!" She pulls me up by my arms when I adjusted into a sitting position, she accidentally touched my forehead with her hand, "Gosh, you are burning up," She points out.

"Oh, no I am fine, what were you saying about girls night?" I changed the subject.

"Shut up, tell me what's wrong? Have you taken too much stress at work? Tell me, girl, talk to me!" She scolded exactly the way my mother would have. How do I tell her that her brother is the reason behind this condition of mine. I feel pressured and burdened by the unknown yet familiar beats in my heart for him.