Chapter 27

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

“Do you have any desire to eat a meal?” Bonnie slides a plate in front of me. I pushed it back to her. 

She narrowed her eyelids in a warning sign, yet, I didn't budge a bit, but one of us had to step back and I am too stubborn to do so, she pulled a chair near me and sat, taking my hands in hers, she said, “If you love her that much, why don't you both run away somewhere and get married and start a new life together?”

As if I hadn't thought about it. Unfortunately, it is as easy as it seems. But the truth was, Ishita isn't the only one I want. I want Nia too. With each passing day, it gets harder and harder to watch her becoming a bride for someone else. I can stop it, yet, it won't aid in my actual plans. 

“That’s such a nice plan,” I mumbled with a hint of boredom. She almost got off the chair to hug me but halted herself, repeating my words in her system, as she realized the sarcasm behind them, she slapped my arm. 

“I am just trying to help, okay?” She protested. 

“I don't remember asking your help,” My remark left an uninvited anger on her nose. She grabbed the plate full of food and threw it into a dustbin on her way to exit and slammed the door shut as she disappeared. 

I gradually sighed, presuming I could finally breathe in relief. However, it didn't last more than a couple of seconds until I saw Bonnie opening the door loudly, getting inside and grabbing her handbag, “Don’t worry,  asshole, I am not staying,” She swore to me and she almost turned around to leave for the second time when she collided to my lawyer. 

“Are you okay, Miss?” He asked her. 

Looking at his face,  she frowned, “I am… who are you?” 

“Jordan, Brian Jordan, I am an advocate and I wanted to meet Mr. Wlyder,” He says to her. 

I snapped my fingers in the air, “That’s me,” I got up from my chair to greet him, “Thanks for coming, Mr. Jordan.” As we both shook hands, I led him in the center of the living room. 

“It's my pleasure to work with Junior Wlyder. I must say you have inherited beauty from both of your parents equally,” 

I laughed wholeheartedly at his compliment, “please have a seat,” I told him. 

He nodded and sat on the couch, “How can I help you?”

“What's the procedure of adopting a child?”

..

.. 

.. 

.. 

.. 

.. 

.. 

Fifteen days later 

Ishita

An hour is all I’ve before my marriage with Ravi. The worst part is I can't even talk to Damien for the last time because they took away my phone the same day they separated me from him. 

I was living in the hope that Damien would come and save me. Maybe it was a false hope and in reality, I’ve no savior.  If I knew I was going to be on my own, I’d have never trusted him. 

“Ishita?!” The knife fell from my hand at the voice of my mom. She was coming upstairs, I instantly wiped off my tears and tried to look as presentable as I could. Her blank face returned to her signature dead glare, “My goodness, you still haven't gotten ready!”

“I needed some time for myself,” I muttered, staring at the floor as If I wanted it to open up and gulp me whole. 

“We already gave you fifteen days? Was it not enough? All the guests are waiting downstairs and here you are still in your shorts, wait, what's that?” I didn't know what she pointed to,  nor did I care to check. She came forward and lifted the knife off the floor and let her jaw fell in disbelief, “Don’t you dare think of committing suicide, Ishita! I won't let you!”

“Then what are you expecting me to do? I don't love Ravi, I can't marry him, Maa.” She landed a tight slap across my face. 

“How can you be so selfish,  Ishita? You know we all are doing it so we can keep Nia to us and here you are thinking of love! Love can happen even after marriage if you give enough time to Ravi to know him. For God's sake, Ishita, think of us for once,” She scolded me. 

I am so fucking tired of everyone trying to rule my life, “Ma. Remind me of a time where I was selfish?”

My question shocked her, she thought of a reply, of a time where I was selfish. She knows that for the first time in my life, I was asking something for myself. And it wasn’t money or property worth millions. I wanted love, that's it. 

“Don’t argue with me! Get ready within ten minutes,” She yelled and walked off. I fell down, another round of tears threatening to appear. I sniffed hard and cleaned my face. 

I won't cry, I shouldn't cry. 

If this is what is written in my fate. I will accept it. I will live believing It's for Nia’s sake and it has no other profits stored for either my parents or Ravi. 

I wore the red wedding Lehenga and blouse. I did my own makeup and hairstyle. I know I have no other choice, so at least, I’ll make sure I look beautiful. I used the most prettiest colors available and gave myself a glitter smokey appearance. 

I put on my jewelry and rechecked everything. Only ten minutes were remaining for my fate to be sealed. Mom returned, she had a scowl on her face but it soon melted down when she saw I was ready. 

Maybe she thought I would give her a tough time again. She helped me put on a ghunghat and led me downstairs. Neither am I nervous, nor happy. I am straight numbed and blank. No clue about what's happening around me. 

As I saw a small pavilion in front of me, very numbered people were attending. Just close friends from Ravi and a few long-distance relatives from our parent's side. Not that I appreciate the large crowd, but I did have a few friends I wanted to invite such as Bonnie and as I can see, Ravi didn't send them the invitation cards.  

I didn't even wish to be angry right now. Ravi was already seated inside and Mom guided me there. I absentmindedly sat next to him. 

He extended his hand for a ritual and I am supposed to keep my hand over his. If I feel something for a long time, it is disgusting. I forced myself to raise my hand, yet a voice stopped me.

“Ishita! Wait!” 

We all turned our heads in the direction of voice. “Damien?”

Word count-1145

Word count-1145