Chapter 8

CHAPTER EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT

“There you go,” He says, lowering to my feet. I followed his gaze as a sign that we have reached the place, my eyes widened and my mouth stunned open at the scene in front of my eyes which appeared no less than art from fantasy books. We were standing a few feet away from a heavenly waterfall lake in which droplets looked like giving shelter to glowing pearls. I can count four waterfalls connected to the lake from the top in front of us which were guided down by a small waterfall that was mixing directly with the ocean.

“I swear any adjective would be an understatement to appreciate the marvelous beauty of nature,” I whispered in awe, wandering toward it. 

Damien chuckled behind me in agreement as he came to my side, “I feel the same way,” He whispered back in my ears, letting his hot breath fan on my exposed neck skin. I gawked at him in puzzlement as I processed the actual meaning behind his statement as if it were meant for me, “I knew you would love it,” He added, contempt by my reaction.

Feeling the heat rise up to my face, I asked, “Can we sit and admire this beauty for a while?”

“That’s why I set this picnic spot,” He says, gesturing to me to look down where I saw a mat spread across the grass with a brown bucket which I assume is containing food and a candle lamp of the Victorian era, it was nothing fancy but enough to make my heart melt. 

“Woah,” I laughed, unknowingly of how to react, “When did you get time to set this up?”

We sat across one another, Damien was taller than me so he had to bend his knees a little upward so he could fit his body into a mat, completely without ruining his mountain shoes which he slowly tossed away and I did the same, “An hour ago or so, although I originally planned to bring you here yesterday to celebrate your success if your sister wouldn’t have stuck her nose into my plans,” He said in a hint of distaste.

“Actually, I told her about it, so technically it isn’t her fault,” 

He rolled his eyes away from me, “You won’t stop defending her, will you?”

“Maybe that is why we are family, you would defend them no matter how wrong they have done to you,” I specified, fidgeting with my fingers.

I heard him scoff in a mocking way, “At least you agree she has done wrong to you,” He made sure to taunt me, but I didn’t give in and remained calm, “Anyway, let’s feed the rats in your stomach before they die,” He joked, handing me a plate as he served me some spaghetti meatballs and white shrimp sauce. 

As soon as the food met my taste buds, I couldn’t help but moan, “Delicious, have you made them?”

“Yes. My mom’s recipe,” He corrected, filling his plates with the same dishes and slowly began to take bites of food as if he was in no hurry or really hungry to eat.