Chapter 19

CHAPTER NINTEEN

CHAPTER NINTEEN

"H-How? Do you have any proof?"

"That's the issue, we don't, and which is why I need your help. Whenever he wouldn't be at his home, I want you to go and check his house inside out without leaving any corners," His plan is to get us killed as well. I know Damien is kind enough to us from the beginning but that's only because I am listening to the rules he made for us, which includes not using anything else in his home except for our rooms and kitchen.

My lips were thinned in pressure of the words that wanted to get out of my mouth, a denial. Hardy won't like to hear and I know it too, "He would be suspicious of me helping you, he will never like this idea if he ever finds out,"

"As far as I've seen,  the max he could do is to stay upset with you but if you really found out the evidence that can help us solve this case, we will always have an upper hand on him. I request to you Ishita, it is essential, " He tried to convince me, and unfortunately, it was working on me. I don't know why I was being sliced up as a meat with no life and emotions between these two knives.

But I already signed up for it, "I can only try," I told him.

"Thank you," I could hear him smile against the phone, "You are really a kind girl,"

"Bye," I hung up, having no reason to continue the conversation. I was genuinely stuck and confused.

"Ishita?" Sania called me from the living room.

"Yes, di?" I walked in to check the matter. She was wearing a short black sleeveless dress with a very deep chest cut as her hair were spread across her features, she wasn't only drunk, she was half way near the passing out. She could barely stand on her feet.

I immediately helped her find a place to sit, "Di. Are you in this condition?"

She waves her hand off my face, "I am fine. Have you cooked dinner?"

"I was about to start preparations,"

"Don't bother, I bought food from a restaurant on my way home, " She says pointing her hand toward the dining table where I saw the brown paper bag leaking some oil through its corner like the food containers inside weren't properly packed.

"Where were you though?" I looked back at her sleepy face, she was having red bags under her eyes as smelled liquor and vomit from all angles.

I am internally happy that Damien and Nia aren't around, I can bet they wouldn't have approved of seeing a mess in the human skin lying almost unconsciously on the couch.

"Partying with some friends." She mumbled, leaving me to guess her words but I quickly understood since it was her daily routine without Ravi's knowledge  until we shifted here.

"Let me help you get upstairs," I offered, lifting her hand to pull her off the couch. She got up and removed her heels, almost falling thrice sideways before we finally made it to her room. I was walking slowly so I could maintain balance but with each step I was taking, she was dropping her weight over my shoulders. We were half way through and I feared that I might end up dropping her off the stairs.