20. Feeling of home

Riya

It's been 6 months since our talk and from then I started working night shifts dedicating my daytime to our baby. It made me and Shiv spend limited time together as he was needed at the office in the daytime while I, on the other hand, attended the hospital duties at night. 

But I have been spending a lot of time with Druv lately. I and Shiv got some 'we time' only on Sundays and Shiv always had something or the other planned for us during the weekends. My parents returned from their trip last month finally after they were satisfied with roaming around and from then my and Shiv's late-night dates came to a halt. 

We never took our relationship to the next level of kissing but being wrapped in his arms while watching the twinkling stars in the sky as we both talked until the early hours of Sunday is something special and I always crave. 

Shiv met my parents last weekend and they are happy with us being in a relationship. Apparently, Nisha had always mentioned Shiv in front of my parents when she was alive and they both developed a liking towards him since then. All of them were planning to make both of us meet but destiny had other plans. 

 "What are you thinking, Mumma?" Druv wrapped his tiny arms around my neck as he settled himself on my lap with his book.

"Nothing bachhe. Did you memorize these?" I asked and he nodded in affirmation. We both concentrated back on his studies and I fed him lunch in the afternoon after which we both played a few games along with his two bulky guards. they look scary but are really sweet.

It was 4 and I had to go back home to get ready for the hospital. I informed Druv the same but he insisted on coming along to meet Mumma and Papa. I dropped a text to Shiv asking if it would be fine to take Druv out in the current situation and I agreed to Druv's request only after getting confirmation from Shiv.

We reached home and the guards insisted on staying out even after my request to come in. The police security arranged for Dad saluted us as we both made our way inside and soon we were greeted by mom's private security. Thank god, they didn't keep any behind me, one of the reasons being no one knowing about me being their daughter. 

The last media appearance I made with them was when I was 15 and my features changed considerably after that which gave me a get away from all the security. I was kidnapped when I was 15 in order to blackmail my dad to submit some wrong documents to the government regarding an international money laundering case. After that mom sent me away to my maternal grandparents and got the media to stay away from me. 

"What's up, Papa," I greeted my Dad who was scrolling through the news channels in an attempt to find an interesting debate to comment on.  He attends a few of them as they invite him as a diplomat and trust me, even my dad being there couldn't get me to watch those yelling competitions.

"Your mumma is dancing on my head as usual," He retorted nonchalantly while Mumma who was in the kitchen came out with a glare pointed at Papa. 

"Am I? It's me that's why I am putting up with you guys till now. If it was someone else they would have left you long back," Mumma said her favorite oneliner at which papa rolled his eyes muttering something under his breath.

"Druv, will you sit with Nanu until I get ready?" I asked my son who shook his head clutching my arm tightly with tears filled in his eyes. I picked him up, wiped away the tears, and kissed his chubby cheeks. 

"Druv came with you? I didn't notice it till now. Hi Bachhe," papa waved at him enthusiastically. Druv too waved back at Papa with a shy smile on his lips. 

"How would you? You were busy with your stupid debates. Take him to your room, Riya. I will get him some fruits," Mumma ushered us up and I went to my room with Druv clinging to my neck. At first, mumma was against the idea of having Druv as my baby but Dad made her agree eventually. 

Even Druv hesitates to spend time with them or talk to them freely, they have accepted him as their grandson and love him so much. Mumma always talks about Drruv to Maami who in return eats my besites head to make her grandmother. 

I took Druv to my room and dropped him on the bed and he giggled as he bounced on the matress. 

"Will you watch cartoons baby?" I asked as I picked the remote from the bedside table. He nodded enthusiastically. I put on a cartoon channel for him and picked my clothes and made my way to the bathroom. 

I was done showering and was about to wear my clothes when I heard something drop. I quickly put on a robe and rushed out. There was a vase on the floor and Shiv was trying to stop another one from falling. 

Oh, it was just Shiv. I thought something happened to Druv. Where is my baby by the way? I roamed my eyes around the room and found Druv playing with my scarf sitting in my closet. I let out a sigh and that was when I noticed what I was wearing. 

I turned around and was about to rush into the bathroom but my leg slipped due to the water drops and I lost my balance. I was about to fall when a pair of muscular arms held me from back stopping my inevitable fall. I slowly lifted my eyebrows and came in contact with Shiv's.

"Are you okay?" Shiv's husky voice reached my ears making goosebumps erupt on my back. I nodded my head as I forgot the existence of words, looking into his orbs. His hair was dishivered, falling on his forehead, his shirt was scrambled, he looked tired but those eyes held the same power, his sharp jawline, full lips, perfectly toned abs, his abs peeking out of the open buttons of his shirt, damn this man, why is he so handsome?

His adam's apple bobbed as he gulped and that was when my trance broke. I followed his eyes and they were stuck on my lips. I felt heat rush to my cheeks as I placed my cold palm on his eyes in a mere attempt to prevent myself from melting in that intense gaze. 

His one hand held me in position while the other moved to my hand covering his eyes and he removed my palm from his eyes and pulled it down to his lips and placed an open mouth kiss on the side of my palm making me gulp. His eyes never left mine as he pulled me up and guided my arms around his neck. His hands moved to my waist as he snaked them around my waist and his face started inching towards mine.

"Riya," Mumma's voice from out broke my trance and I rushed to the bathroom pushing Shiv away. I quickly got dressed and patted my cheeks to reduce the blush. I walked out and met with a sight of my mom talking something with Shiv while Druv was enjoying his grapes. I heaved a sigh of relief and sat beside Druv.

"Mumma," He forwarded a grape to me and I took it in my mouth and placed a kiss on both his palms thanking him at which he giggled. My eyes fell on Shiv and Mumma who were looking at both of us with admiring eyes. 

Mumma left from there after she got a call while I and Druv remainined in our places. I forwarded my hand to Shiv and he walked to us. Druv forwarded a grape to Shiv once he was close enough and Shiv took the fruit in his mouth and kissed both Druv's cheeks before falling on his other side.

I placed my hand over Druv's midriff and Shiv too placed his hand over my hand and interwined his hand with mine. Our gazes met, today I saw his eyes really sparkling with happiness and love as his lips twitched up into a beautiful smile. This moment felt like home. They are my home. My love and my child.